Mormon God-Adam Theory - Page 6 of 10

I have a theory that may explain the Adam-God - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Nov, 2007 - 12:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
  Mormon God-Adam Theory Also known as the Adam God Doctrine as promoted by Brigham Young - "As Man is... God once was... As God is... Man may become"
6th Nov, 2006 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Mormon God-Adam Theory - Page 6

All of this leads into the various doctrines of "Multiple Mortal Probations".

I don't think that Jesus redeemed Adam, since Adam was already a Celestial Being. Jesus' sacrifice DID redeem mankind from the effects of Adam's actions.

I believe that Elohim, Eloheim, Jehovah, and Michael are all offices within the Priesthood. Actually, either Elohim or Eloheim (can't remember which) signifies a council, thus would mean a Council of Gods (remember the words in the Book of Abraham...)

In the Garden, Adam's Father was "El" (the E is pronounced with a long 'a' sound, similar to the word "pail"). After Adam finished his work in this mortality, he took up the office of El, or Elohim. I really don't know who was Jehovah (YWHW) during the Garden period, and it doesn't matter to me.

Anyway, as is probably obvious, I have come to believe in the "Adam-God" doctrine.

Sponsored Links:
6th Nov, 2006 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Theory God-Adam Mormon

I don't think that Jesus redeemed Adam, since Adam was already a Celestial Being.

Well, that is the mind boggling part. Then we will have to say that Adam did not sin, yet we learn from the Temple that there needed to be a Savior provided for them because of their fall. We also learn that Christ was the only sinless person to be born to earth, so then this excludes Adam. How would this be explained.

6th Nov, 2006 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Mormon God-Adam Theory Studies Doctrine Mormon

We also learn that Christ was the only sinless person to be born to earth, so then this excludes Adam. How would this be explained.

Adam did not sin. He transgressed.

6th Nov, 2006 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Theory God-Adam Mormon

QUOTE (LDS_forever)
Adam did not sin. He transgressed.

Do not limit the life of Adam to what happened in the Garden, the man lived for almost a century - he did not sin once in that time? In any case, transgression also has a consequence, and it redeemable through Christ.

6th Nov, 2006 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Theory God-Adam Mormon

We also learn that Christ was the only sinless person to be born to earth, so then this excludes Adam.

Adam wasn't born on this earth. He had already lived his 2nd Estate, and been redeemed from the Fall, the one that happened on HIS birth world.

While there is nothing to indicate that during his almost full millennium of life he didn't sin, there is also nothing to indicate that he did.

There are many among those who believe and study the Adam-God doctrine who think that each, and every, person who will attain exaltation must become a Savior (Jehovah) and an Adam (El) of at least one world. Personally, I don't know enough to make any sort of determination on this subject, although it sounds completely right to me.

6th Nov, 2006 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Mormon God-Adam Theory

QUOTE (Nighthawk)
Adam wasn't born on this earth.

Yes, good point, I forgot about that. I find this Doctrine intriguing, but there are so many unanswered questions, and we are not likely to gain more explanation about it from the modern day Brethren.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Oct, 2007 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Mormon God-Adam Theory - Page 6

I will be posting a series of Threads regarding KOZ2.org material about the Adam-God Theory - look out for them. Please keep general Discussion about the Adam-God Theory to this Thread and specific Discussion about each KOZ2.org Thread to their respective Threads.

3rd Nov, 2007 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Mormon God-Adam Theory Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

I have a theory that may explain the Adam-God Theory.

At Adam-Ondi-Ahman, before the glorious coming of the Savior, all keys and governments will be turned over to Christ. Adam, because he will not hold these keys indefinitely, is indeed subordinate to Christ. Now however Adam holds a special place in the History of the Earth as one who holds all key until the Savior comes. I am wondering if Brigham Young honored Adam as one who holds the keys as the Head of the Human Family. I am not sure I understand all the aspect of the doctrine, but I am sure that it has to do with line of Authority.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Mormon God-Adam Theory

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,