Harddrive Fan - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE (Krakyn)I suspect the motor burnt up - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 13th Jan, 2007 - 12:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
hard drive fan
12th Jan, 2007 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Harddrive Fan - Page 2

I do not think a heat sink will work, but like I said I can take the grill of the old harddrive fan and attach one or even two case fans to it and that should do the job. Maybe I may have to use two so that it does not cool one area and leave the next part of the harddrive hot. Keep in mind that one thing that prevents a lot of air access to the harddrive is location - it all depends on your case. I have seen cases that place the harddrive in between the DVD / Floopy and so forth leaving very little air room or even room to put a normal harddrive cooler.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jan, 2007 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Fan Harddrive

I can see where that would be an issue.

bwren in another post mentioned this

As far as your hard drives putting off a lot of heat: I am not sure how many drive CD-Roms that you have in your tower but if there is an open 5 1/4 slot you may move one of your hard to the upper portion of the tower to keep the heat from each hard drive from collecting together. I find hard drives are the main source of cooling problems within a system. There is also a fan with duct work designed to mount in an open slot in the rear of the machine and stretch two small fans to the rear of the hard drives to suck the heat directly from the drives and direct it out of the tower without the hot air passing over all of the other components. These sell for around 12$ US.

Nice idea directing the air flow over the drive surface and then right out keeping the rest cooler. Sound like you have things under control with out it though.

I suspect the motor burnt up due to the heat it was exposed to. Basically melted the insulation of the core winding causing it to heat up more. (fractional hp variable sped drives do this in hot environments also.)Eventually they stop working or short out 50/50 chance.

13th Jan, 2007 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Harddrive Fan Gaming Video & Issues Computer

QUOTE (Krakyn)
I suspect the motor burnt up due to the heat it was exposed to.

I doubt, as I mentioned earlier for the amount of things I have in my system the system is rather cool at 46C. I think it burnt out because of these words: MADE IN CHINA (no offense to my friends from China).

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Harddrive Fan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,