The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 25 of 33

Name: Freddy Country: Comments: No, we can't - Page 25 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th Aug, 2013 - 12:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 33 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  ...Latest (33) »

Are Mormons meant to follow blindly? We may say no, but if you disagree what do you do? Pray UNTIL you believe? Should we believe that all that is written and said by the Modern Prophets is correct and infallible? If so, then why do we have to pray about it? Is it for us to believe what they say or really to find out if that is what we ought to be doing? Controversial Mormon Issue.
The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Related Information to The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?
3rd Apr, 2011 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? - Page 25

Interesting that you say "most truth", because the Church teaches it has "the Truth" in fact the only truth and somehow it cannot waver. Recently there was a USA Today article that mentioned that even if the members do not admit it they do see the leaders as infallible. However neither of those are my concerns because those same claims are also give by other religions especially the Roman Catholics, Muslims and Jehovah Witnesses. My concern is in the constant changing in saying this is Doctrine and then a few years passes and that is not Doctrine.

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2011 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

When I say we have the "most truth" it's because we already know that part of the Book of Mormon was sealed to be revealed at a later time, and pages were lost from the Book of Lehi. I say it because we know that more will be revealed through direct revelation. Article of Faith #9 states that we believe all that God has revealed, does now reveal, and that He may yet reveal "many great and important things" pertaining to His kingdom. So, in my opinion, that means we don't have "all" the truth. Much is yet to be revealed. What we do have is "enough" truth to perform necessary work in the temples and in our stakes.

Of course religions in general claim to have all the truth. They believe the *one book* that they have their hands on, whether it's the Quran or the Bible, is the only acceptable source of God's word. They aren't even considering other texts, either because their one prophet didn't write them, or they were voted out of the canon of books we call scripture at the council of Nicaea.

Yes, I agree, changing doctrine is disturbing. We can't just blindly follow anyone at this stage of history. There is too much deception and outright false doctrine. We at least have the knowledge that this church was established by God's prophet Joseph Smith. We have modern-day scripture. We have counsel to pray about what our prophets preach to us so that we can know whether it's true for ourselves. We have temples available to us for deeper understanding. We have to plant our feet and take a stand for the truth.

4th Apr, 2011 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Isn't that contradiction though? If changing Doctrine is disturbing how at the same time can we be sure what to follow? It is like saying here is the rule book - study it, but don't commit it to memory because its based on who says the rule book is correct, and then check back in a few days because the rules might change and you have to study it all over again.

I am looking at all the Threads we have here as a whole and not just one particular Topic. There are things that do not make sense even from the beginning. There are practices done now where for me I see people calling it 'inspiration' or 'revelation' and yet you can see clearly it is not. I also look for miracles, this is something I do not see shown a lot in the Church. Miracles talked about include doctors and subtle things that can happen anyway, nothing like what we read in the scriptures that are supposed to be seen now. Something is not right.

4th Apr, 2011 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Page 25 Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

international QUOTE (JB)
nothing like what we read in the scriptures that are supposed to be seen now.

Personally, I think it's too soon for that. The world will have to be a whole lot worse for those prophecies to be fulfilled. In my opinion.

As for the other, well. I understand what you're going through.

4th Apr, 2011 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

Enough That So Prophet Mormon The

Too soon for miracles? That is not Doctrinal or I should say there is no mention of a special time for miracles. It is supposed to happen regularly by them who claim to have direct authority from God. Nephi said that angels visited him DAILY! Our leaders won't even be willing to mention such a thing.

international QUOTE (FarSeer)
As for the other, well. I understand what you're going through.

Its not what I am going through... Its what the Church is going through. The Church is changing her image, Doctrine, statements, and so forth at a radical pace.

26th Sep, 2011 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?

Information about the Church, both the past and current changes, are becoming more in the center of everyone's eyes especially due to the current US election campaign. As many put it... There is a new generation of Mormon on the block. Read this: Source 4

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2012 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough - Page 25

Name: Hal

Comments: Someone earlier commented,

international QUOTE
The Church is changing her image, Doctrine, statements, and so forth at a radical pace.

This is very true but is only recognized by someone following the history and actions of the church which most Mormons don't so they don't see it.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2013 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

The Mormon Prophet So That Enough Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 25

Name: Freddy

Comments: No, we can't take what the prophet says alone but at the same time we are told that the prophet will not lead us astray. Its sort of like this... The Lord says this is my mouthpiece (The prophet) and I'm so confident in him that if you compare it with my doctrine and with the help of the spirit you will know the truth. So its not just a matter of the prophet saying so but its also the spirit confirming it.

> TOPIC: The Mormon Prophet Said So, Is That Enough?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,