The Templar Knights

The Templar Knights - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 4th Aug, 2009 - 4:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Protectors of sacred knowledge?
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2005 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

The Templar Knights

The Templar Knights carried with them a lot of mystery. It is said that they lived a life of purposeful poverty which is often shown by two Knights on one horse although many interpret that symbol to mean something else. Many say that the Templars knew of great treasures and swore to protect it. Others consider the modern Masons as a continuation of the Knights. What do you know about them?

For more information:
https://www.crystalinks.com/templars1.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2005 - 6:45am / Post ID: #

The Templar Knights
A Friend

Knights Templar The

The history of the Knights Templar need not be over shadowed by rumor and mystery. The actual history of the Knights is out there to find. They where originally set up to protect travelling pilgrims on their voyages to the holy land. In the end, they where put on trial for heresy and the Grand Master was burned at the stake. Up until then, they answered to no one save the Papal throne. I got allot of knowledge from a templar history web site. If this interests you, both the actual history and the mysteries that surrounded them, take a visit to:

https://www.templarhistory.com/index.html

4th Jun, 2005 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

The Templar Knights Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I remember hearing that the Catholic church declared the charges against the templars unfounded, meaning that although the church does not admit fault for arresting and torturing them, there was no proof of the charges for which they were arrested. This decree was made within the last 100 years or so. I can not find this link though. Does anyone else remember seeing this?

13th Jun, 2008 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Knights Templar The

QUOTE (konquererz)

They where originally set up to protect traveling pilgrims on their voyages to the holy land.

That I even think is not a very solid "fact". A bold statement I know but have you actually considered the source? It was wrote 50 years after they started by a man who was not even born at the time they started. The information how ever was directly from the Templar knights themselves who by this time.

I myself do not by that story because how on earth did 8 knights who were supposed to have sworn off worldly wealth end up living from the start in a kings palace?

I realize they were men who had great connections and I am sure used them how ever modestly to employ squires and sergeants quickly to get this "protection up and running". But according to the person who wrote on the origin 50 years after they were set up claims it was just the 8. I know they were battle seasoned veterans of war but how could only 8 men be effective in patrolling a vast area full of mercenaries turned thief?

I have no doubt the 8 founded it but I think the reality is they hired great amounts of muscle who did the real patrols. I do not have any idea who founded it as the king at the time was not able nor willing to do so which is why the robbery and kidnappings were rampant in the first place. Was it the Pope?

Yes the king of France (Philip I think in the turn of 1300) at the time was in conflict with the knights and conspired and black mailed the pope to have the knights accused of blasphemy sodomy and other charges. They might have been true or false it does not matter.

The master in France was roasted alive not burned at the stake and was dead long before he burnt. Most of the knights in France were slaughtered on trumped up charges. Other areas they were dissolved and absorbed by the Teutonic Knights as well as the Hospitallers, which is ironic give the number of battles they had with each other.

I think the real mystery is their true reason for power. Think about this the Church was always at ends with the kings. This newly formed group of Knights need backing to fund their missions and where by all right monks. So the Pope takes an opportunity for great power in the lands and takes them as his own making it so they answer solely to him. He now has a private guard for the pilgrims to the Holy cities the kings are happy as they do not fund them completely. All seems a win win for all involved. Soon though the order gets smart and rather then rely of the those that join who were typically knight with land and means of their own, which many gave to the organization willingly. Instead they confided the leaders to mandate that any who joined must forfeit his possession to the organization. This way the individuals are still honoring their poverty vows but they are able to supply well for themselves. So well that in a very short time they became the most powerful influence in the area. So was this just opportunity seized or well planned from the start by another powerful and insightful organized body at the time that was just lacking an army?

The charges were also made that they did no believe Christ died on the cross as our savior. That was likely the best charge they made, as many in I forget which cities were from a sect called Cathar. It was the in the french region I do believe. That religion at the time was rivaling the Roman Catholic church was very afraid they would take over as the dominant religion. Some of the top Templar Master where from the sect so I am sure it made the charges easier to make believable.

I think one of the more intriguing thoughts is that Germany and many other countries at the time refused to prosecute the knights and had openly mock trials at which many were acquitted and extremely light punishment issued. It is rumored that the templar influence continued under ground for hundreds of years after.

I do believe it was the Cathar influence that flared the Holy Grail escapades as well.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2008 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

The Templar Knights
A Friend

Knights Templar The

I find the whole story of the knights templar interesting. I do not know a whole lot about them but it is something I am going to learn more about.

13th Jun, 2008 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

The Templar Knights

I am trying t establish f any the connection to the free masons. But I do no really think there is one so much as they wish there was.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2008 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

The Templar Knights
A Friend

The Templar Knights

There is a connect this I am very sure of I am not familiar with the connection with masons but I know there is one. I can not go into detail here because of restrictions.

4th Aug, 2009 - 4:38am / Post ID: #

The Templar Knights Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

I have been doing more reading and such on this topic and I still think so little is known and so much information of their was destroyed by the catholic church or held in the stores.

Two items I would love thoughts on is the interpretation of the original words for holy grail. I have been looking and think the works might have been misinterpreted and may have meant holy blood instead.

So the Templars did not hold the secret of the holy grail but of the holy blood. Thus Jesus was a prophet telling us we as individuals can have relation with god not requiring priests and the ceremonies of the old testament but instead we could petition god on our own for our own souls.

Second I do not think they were Christian based but based on a singular god that was the bases for all religions. Thus the reason they let so many other religious denominations into their camps.

> TOPIC: The Templar Knights

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,