Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: Do You Vote?
  Always       55.56%
  Most of the Time       11.11%
  Sometimes       33.33%
  Never       0.00%
Total Votes: 9
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
US Voting - Voting Fraud - Obligation to Vote
3rd Sep, 2004 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Do You Vote?

With the upcoming US elections on Nov 2, 2004, I wanted to poll the forum community to see if our members (those who are eligible to vote) use their given right, and go out on election day and vote. Have you registered to vote? Do you believe in the voting process, and do you think your vote really counts, or is just 1 in a hundred, million other votes? What is the voting process like in your country? Do you have the ability to vote, and if no, would you like the right to do so, or do you think there is a better process for installing a ruling group of people?
Personally I have voted every election that I was eligible to do so, because I feel privileged to have the right to do so, and yes, I believe that my vote counts. I also believe that if you don't vote, then you should not complain about current policies, etc because for all those who complain and didn't vote, if they did vote, who knows, the outcome of the election could have been different.
For my US compatriots who can vote but have not registered to do so, I urge you to make a stand, and vote for what you believe in. Here is a link to a current campaign aimed at increasing voter registration in the US, called Redeem the Vote. Make your voice heard and Vote!

Source 9

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2004 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Vote Do

I probably won't vote. I haven't trusted in the election process since the fiasco in Florida. I just can't see that anything really changes. No matter who get elected they never keep their promises. I really don't care for either choice this year anyway. Sigh, maybe I should run for President in '08. biggrin.gif Hmmm imagine President Renee, has a nice ring to it don't you think. wink.gif

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

3rd Sep, 2004 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Do You Vote? History & Civil Business Politics

I do vote. I missed a local election a couple of weeks ago, but only because I forgot about it that day.

The Florida fiasco doesn't cause me as much trouble as the fact that in some wards in the Chicago area, as much as 150% of the registered voters voted for Gore.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

4th Sep, 2004 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Vote Do

Since I have lived outside my country for the past 5 years, I don't bother too much going to the Argentinian Embassy and vote. But when I go to Argentina, probably in January, then I will have no choice. In Argentina the vote is not only a right but an obligation to every Argentinian citizen 18 and over.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

4th Sep, 2004 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

Vote Do

I always vote, I think it's very corrupt but I still think one should vote.

It's going to get more corrupt too! :-

https://www.invisibleballots.com/

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

4th Sep, 2004 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Do You Vote?

From the same site that Dubhdara posted:

"Governments are installing computerized voting systems with no paper record to verify accuracy. Elections will be controlled by companies that do not allow voters to inspect their software. If vote counting becomes privatized, there may be no way to get it back. Hightech vote fraud is already a reality. If you value your vote, you must get this information to your friends - and fast!"

I have often thought about that, not to mention that when if it was all done genuinely that there are glitches called, 'bugs' that may only be discovered later when someone is already in office.

As for voting, I do sometimes, especially if I desire the change of a current event. For the most part the choices I am left with here are so close in their 'scheme' that voting for one would be like voting for the other.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Sep, 2004 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Do Vote

Quote from ReneeisXena:

I probably won't vote. I haven't trusted in the election process since the fiasco in Florida. I just can't see that anything really changes

Renee, I am sorry that you feel this way but I want to put some perspective on what you stated. Are you saying you will only vote if you saw good things happening in the country or when everything is running smoothly? What would change your mind and spark you to vote come election day? Have you considered any of the other candidates because there is going to be one that at least has some views that you will share? Just imagine if everyone who was disenfranchised with the major parties, and who found a candidate they believed in, even for a subset of issues, voted for that person, how much it would affect the election results?
As you can tell I feel very strongly about our given right to vote, and I urge you and everyone who feels the way you do, to at least pick one issue and find the candidate that tackles that issue you way you feel it should be tackled, and vote for them. I will back off now, I promise wink.gif

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2012 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Do Vote Politics Business Civil & History

Voter ID laws: the Republican ruse to disenfranchise 5 million Americans:

Under the guise of fighting nonexistent voter fraud, the GOP is attempting the greatest election-stealing conspiracy in US history Ref. Source 5

> TOPIC: Do You Vote?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,