Plural Mormon Husbands?

Plural Mormon Husbands - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2004 - 11:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
What if it were the other way around? What if your wife were to be with more than one husband for Celestial Marriage?
10th Sep, 2004 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Plural Mormon Husbands?

First of all... This is purely 'What if...'

What about the aspect of one woman marrying plural husbands? This is not doctrinal, it is just to see if the Brethren and Sisters here could 'deal' with it if the cards were changed. Could you as a man live seeing your wife with more than one husband? Sisters, could you handle marrying more than one husband if it were doctrinal?

Sponsored Links:
10th Sep, 2004 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Husbands Mormon Plural

Excellent question, and it gets right into our basic natures.

I guess that I would have a problem with the idea, mainly because then I wouldn't know for sure whether any children from the marriage were mine. It is obvious if a child comes from a particular mother, but, as Robert A. Heinlein once noted, it is only a matter of opinion who the father is. Of course, strict chastity within marriage makes this opinion approach absolute certainty, but there is still the opportunity for doubt.

As far as jealousy issues and sharing are concerned, I suspect that each of us would have to deal with those no matter what type of plural marriage arrangement is made.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2004 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Plural Mormon Husbands?
A Friend

Plural Mormon Husbands? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I would have a problem with it too. I suppose if the Prophet came out and declared it as a new doctrine and we were required to live it, I would accept it grudgingly, hoping it to be just a temporary situation.

10th Sep, 2004 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Husbands Mormon Plural

I too would have to digest this with a grain, no a spoonful of salt wink.gif It makes us as men realize and feel more empathy for women who are approached about living this way when they have been brought up to learn that monogamous relationships are correct and everything outside that is wrong.

11th Sep, 2004 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Husbands Mormon Plural

What a concept! I'd have to really fast and pray about this one. Dealing with one husband is difficult enough... I'm not sure the men would be able to work out the authority problems. Who is really the head of household or the family patriarch? Certainly not the wife. I don't see how it could work.

IMO
Roz

23rd Nov, 2004 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Plural Mormon Husbands?

This would be something extremely difficult to accept, now who would be the person that will decide who are these husbands? I'm sure if it's up to the men (first husband) and they have not taken it in a nice way the whole thing then they may choose the persons they consider less attractive than them, the same if it's the other way around and women have to choose the other wives.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Nov, 2004 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Plural Mormon Husbands

I would find it easier to live with more than one husband to just me, than just one husband and me with other wives. I am not worried about how it would work out or how one would know who the father is. I think those are just excuses for why a man might say he couldn't live with it. If Heavenly Father wanted it that way then it wouldn't matter who was the father. They would all be. Kind of like the TV show "My Two Dads." I realize it isn't doctrinal, but the reason I would find it easier has to do with the same reasons I have no interest in participating in a polygamous marriage with more than one wife. If I am the only wife and I have multiple husbands, then they get to compete for me. They can be the ones concerned over who I love most, etc., etc.

23rd Nov, 2004 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Plural Mormon Husbands Mormon Doctrine Studies

If I am the only wife and I have multiple husbands, then they get to compete for me. They can be the ones concerned over who I love most, etc., etc.

You really like yourself huh? laugh.gif

I think the reason you would feel more comfortable is because you would be the one in 'control' in the other scenario, you are just one more wife.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Plural Mormon Husbands?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,