Plural Mormon Husbands? - Page 2 of 2

Well that is something to think about but - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Jul, 2012 - 9:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
What if it were the other way around? What if your wife were to be with more than one husband for Celestial Marriage?
3rd Nov, 2009 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

Plural Mormon Husbands? - Page 2

This was interesting for me and my wife to think about. Would the second husband be submissive to the first husband, or would they both be submissive to the wife? My wife favors the latter. rolleyes.gif But in reality, I always thought the whole reason for plural marriage was to raise up children to the Lord quickly. In other words, a man with 10 wives can have 10 babies a year. But, a woman with 10 husbands can still only have one baby a year. I think it would really be hard for me to live a law like that, if I didn't know a reason for it.

Sponsored Links:
28th Nov, 2009 - 7:46am / Post ID: #

Husbands Mormon Plural

If it was required I believe I would accept it.

It seems that this may have been an issue with those in the early days of the Church , who had to give their wives to Apostles and Prophets (discussed in another thread). It seems like some men would have had to go through similar feelings and experiences as we are discussing now. Though a woman was legally married to a man on earth, she may have been eternally married to another man through Temple marriage(because of one man's faithfulness, and another man's wickedness). I am not sure how accurate this source is, but I found it interesting.

In Sacred Loneliness, The Plural Wives of Joseph Smith, by Todd Compton, Signature Books, Salt Lake City, pages 15

international QUOTE

one sees that of Smith's first twelve wives, nine were polyandrous [married to other men].

I am sure for the "wicked" man it was a little disheartening that his legal wife became the polygamous wife of Joseph Smith or Brigham Young.

7th Jun, 2010 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Plural Mormon Husbands? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Dbackers:

international QUOTE

I am sure for the "wicked" man it was a little disheartening that his legal wife became the polygamous wife of Joseph Smith or Brigham Young.

Why "wicked" in quotes and why a little disheartening? For me, whether the person was righteous or not, they would be DEVASTATED in a situation like that (if they really love their wives).

25th Jul, 2012 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Husbands Mormon Plural

Well that is something to think about but I really can't imagine either way - plural marriage with wives or husbands - I guess I'm just too used to monogamy. wink.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Plural Mormon Husbands?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,