Best Age For Mormons To Marry

Best Age Mormons Marry - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Jan, 2013 - 2:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Best of  Best Age For Mormons Marry
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2012 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

BYU study shows young adults, parents differ on best age to marry

While young adults and parents differ on the right age to marry, their views may surprise some. Ref. Source 1

Best Age For Mormons To Marry (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
19th Dec, 2012 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Marry Mormons Age Best

I think Mormons generally marry way too young. I think around age 30 and over (and after having built a career, good job, etc) then is a realistic opportunity.

20th Dec, 2012 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Best Age For Mormons To Marry Studies Doctrine Mormon

It's not just age, it's also the perception as well. In Church it seems as it is taught to marry, then work out your life, career, and even whether or not you love your spouse (if you"re not in love with your spouse, then divorce is almost off the table, so that leaves you to only deal with a spouse that you don't love).
There is an old quote/saying that I like; "Perception is everything (reality)"

20th Dec, 2012 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Marry Mormons Age Best

Personally, I think the divorce rate in LDS marriages should be higher but most people stay and try to work it out because of our teachings. Unfortunately, sometimes there is no way to work it out and people are just living unhappy lives just because they are choosing against it and now with the new age missionary requirement, younger people will marry. Scary.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2013 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

Marry Mormons Age Best

Name: Michael

Title: Marriage Age

Comments: Pandora reminds me of a cartoon I once saw. It showed a very elderly couple rolling down the aisle of the church together in wheel chairs. The caption read, "The couple who waited until they could afford it."

My father married at age 20 and my mother had just turned 18. They were in college at the time, and my father went on to graduate, and then worked and went to school part-time, until he eventually got an Ed.D. He was able to provide for a family of 11 children, and my parents did not stay together because they felt they had to do so. They were deeply in love with each other until they passed away after 56 years of marriage.

I think that the best time for young men to marry is when they meet the right person after their mission. For young women, the best time to marry is when they meet the right person after graduating from high school. I would rather see them marry young than to see them fall into temptation and commit sexual sin, which happens all too often, as it is.

12th Jan, 2013 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Michael just because your parents had a successful marriage doesn't mean it applies to everyone. Even though I understand the point you're trying to make, I think expecting a girl out of high school to marry its simply NUTS or a typical 20 year old out of their mission. They may be great at proselyting for the Church, but marriage is another venture altogether and most of them, don't possess the maturity (let alone the basic financial resources) to accomplish such a thing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2013 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Best Age Mormons Marry

Name: Michael

Title: Marriage Age

Comments:

international QUOTE
Michael just because your parents had a successful marriage doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

If my parents could do it, then anyone can do it. Please explain why my parents were special or different from anyone else.

international QUOTE

Even though I understand the point you're trying to make, I think expecting a girl out of high school to marry its simply NUTS

For hundreds, if not thousands, of years, girls married much younger than they do today, and divorce was less common back in those days. It's not about age, it's about attitude. To think that someone who marries young cannot make a successful marriage, when it has been done millions of times it simply NUTS.

international QUOTE

Or a typical 20 year old out of their mission.

A typical 20-year-old returned missionary is much more mature than many much older adults who marry and then divorce. Look at all the movie stars who are much older than 20 year-old returned missionaries. How many times to many of them marry, divorce, remarry, redivorce, and so on, and so on? It's not about age. It's about attitudes.

international QUOTE

They may be great at proselyting for the Church, but marriage is another venture altogether

Yes, it is, but like I say, most returned missionaries come home from their missions much more mature than many older people, like many move stars, who marry and divorce over and over again.

international QUOTE

And most of them, don't possess the maturity

See my point above.

international QUOTE

(let alone the basic financial resources) to accomplish such a thing.

What are the "Financial resources" that are necessary in order to get married? Have you ever been to a third world country? I have. People all over the world marry with less "Financial resources" than the average returned missionary here in our country.

13th Jan, 2013 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Best Age Mormons Marry Mormon Doctrine Studies

Michael:

international QUOTE
Pandora reminds me of a cartoon I once saw. It showed a very elderly couple rolling down the aisle of the church together in wheel chairs. The caption read, "The couple who waited until they could afford it."

I understand the analogy and I agree to a certain extent that a person will probably will never be able to fully have everything they need prior to marriage however, as SuzieSu pointed out the maturity level for a lot of these young men and women isn't there. I don't believe a young woman or man should marry young just because of Church culture and tradition.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Best Age For Mormons To Marry

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,