D & D RPG Review Closed - Page 5 of 9

Maybe your players don't know there's - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Jan, 2013 - 12:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Closed
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2013 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

D & D RPG Review Closed
A Friend

D & D RPG Review Closed - Page 5

I said "Might" and, I will be making announcement to my players in a bit, well more a set of questions. It all depends on reaction I suppose. Mostly I want to make clear all my players remain having fun and have the pace of a game they want, while still moving foreword at a pace that works.

Reconcile Edited: KittenPunk on 28th Jan, 2013 - 3:06am

Sponsored Links:
28th Jan, 2013 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Closed Review RPG and D

Maybe you are worried because your game slowed down: is normal Kit, they are posting less often also in my game. After the initial excitement, players sit down a little bit. Play by post is slow and some of them feel like nothing is happening. Putting more combat can help for a short while but is not a real solution. Take it as a good chance to tell the dedicated players from the casual ones. I read many other adventures in other websites as well: this happens everywhere. And, usually, the people cheating with dice are the first leaving (rings any bell?). Don't give up! May take some time, but in the end you'll get a core of dedicated players to rely on.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2013 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

D & D RPG Review Closed
A Friend

D & D RPG Review Closed Reviews RPG & Card Board

Funny enough, the couple of people I thought might be favoring there dice rolls (if you get my drift,) I rolled at home with my own eyes to see what dice might do. And they still successfully pasted the challenges.

I already have a solution for the possibility of cheaters in witch, when I do have combat, players will declare actions but, I will be doing all the dice rolling inside combat. Most of all for fairness, but also so there is no dis trust when people get lucky and critical.

But, I thank you greatly for your words of wisdom on why the game slowed so suddenly. I can only hope that the players understand I want this to be ongoing and have every intent of keeping it a live and on track.

28th Jan, 2013 - 7:44am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Closed Review RPG and D

I would not do that, Kit. I mean rolling their combat dice. That's an important part of the game and that's one of the most enjoyable moments for a player. I'm thinking of a way to punish eventual cheaters also, but taking off the dice is too much.
About your experiment, I don't know how many times you rolled but one of my players never went under 13 during 14 different rolls... Everything is possible, but I've never seen anything like that in many years as dungeon master, and player, around a table. Probably he was rolling a d10+10 (laugh)
By now, I'm asking to roll for skills to the "honest" players and just rolling myself for the "Maybe just lucky?" ones.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2013 - 8:23am / Post ID: #

D & D RPG Review Closed
A Friend

Closed Review RPG and D

I had a player roll a 19 back to back with a 20, I got out my dice knowing that was next to impossible. Freaky thing I rolled a 20 back to back with a 19 it kind of wigged me out. But, it made me realize while statistically improbable it was not impossible.

I really wish there was a dice rolling application that was plugged in to the posting settings, but that it would not roll till you hit enter on your post. It would have to be displayed in a way where as even if you edit the post the dice result can't be edited. Much like the image upload setting is for the way we put maps to the game.

There for letting a player say I'm rolling a D20 for spot +7, then they select the roll function and after posting the result is displayed with out any means of tampering.

28th Jan, 2013 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

D & D RPG Review Closed

A 19 and then a 20 is always possible. Even three or four 20 in a row. But is impossible that some people never get rolls under 10. Pay attention to the important rolls: for somebody are always high. Then they get lower numbers in situations that are safe, maybe as a decoy. It would be enough if the rolls were registered. But, also like this, is easy to know who rolls real dice after some time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jan, 2013 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

D & RPG Review Closed - Page 5

I've wondered that myself because I would roll terribly and then other players get always the best rolls. Doesn't JB have some kind of dice system here that records everything so players can't cheat? Maybe he can hook you guys up too.

KittenPunk I will probably have a character up later today for your approval, it won't be a fighter yet I'm still undecided on which class but you'll see.

30th Jan, 2013 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

D & RPG Review Closed Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

Maybe your players don't know there's this thread for them to give feedback probably you can link to it. Plus I don't like telling a Dungeon Master how to run his / her game, everyone has a style. You'll know if I like what's going on in your game if I created a character and participating wink.gif. I see it more like reading a book, I can make subtle changes with my character to the Dungeon Master's world but really I shouldn't dictate what I want to see happen in the Dungeon Master's world... That takes out the fun of reading what you come up with for my character.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: D & D RPG Review Closed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,