Partials

Partials - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 12th Jun, 2005 - 8:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Not going all the way, but reaching for all the way.
20th Sep, 2004 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Partials

I have been able to do 200 partial push-ups today which I am really happy about. Partial means you do the same push-up as described as #1 by Neo in this thread, but your chest does not touch the ground. This is good because it allows you a certain level of strength gain that cannot be achieved from strict style only. Now, when I do perform strict style push-ups I find that I am able to do more than I would have usually done.

This principle can be applied to any exercise but it is important to not do it excessively or you will have a short span muscle and strength development. It is merely a means to break the plateau effect (where you do not seem to go up in weight or reps).

Do you use partials?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2005 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

Partials
A Friend

Partials

I am not an exerciser in any shape or fashion. In preparation for providing a response to this thread, I decided to consult my uncle who was a gymnast and now teaches gymnastics. After reading through the thread I printed out for him, he had me "learn" the difference between partials doing sit ups. For three days I did fifteen (don't laugh) regular situps. For the next three days I did fifteen partial situps coming only high enough off the ground for my shoulders to leave the floor, hold for a second, and back down. Going down, I did not touch the floor either completely. I learned two things. 1. I still hate exercising. 2. Partials are allot harder that full situps. I don't know if its the same with push ups, but the partial situps allowed me to do more, but my stomach muscles burned more afterward. I don't understand this principle, only that it turns out that way.

11th Jun, 2005 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Partials Sports & Fashion Music Movies

First off you deserve an award for actually taking the step to start an exercise just to answer a thread. Second, partials does burn more because you find yourself doing more, but that is the whole idea. your body becomes used to it so when you do less in strict style your body instinctively feels it is able to do more. I love it with weights - it is fantastic!

12th Jun, 2005 - 8:02am / Post ID: #

Partials

I use partials both in sit-ups and push-ups (and some more things - like biceps or triceps exercises with weights). The only thing why I started to do them was to diversify the exercises ... I haven't thought of them as breaking plateaus. Interesting.

> TOPIC: Partials

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,