Crazy Mormon Mission Story

Crazy Mormon Mission Story - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jan, 2013 - 2:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Jan, 2013 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Crazy Mormon Mission Story

I'm pretty sure most of us heard a crazy mission story but I think this is probably one of the weirdest and craziest story of them all.

international QUOTE
....When Juan's mission was completed, Guillermo called him in for an interview and asked him what his plans were. He said that he would return to Mexico City, attend the university, and become an engineer. The president then asked him if he had a girlfriend waiting for him. He said no.

The next question was, "Is there any girl that interests you? Juan said, "Well, I found one of those sister missionaries that you sent to my zone to be very attractive." Guillermo then asked, "What does she think?" Juan had no idea and said they had never talked on a personal basis.

The president then called in the sister missionary, Sister Josefina Guzman, and asked her if she was interested in marrying Juan. She said: "Well he is attractive, but I still have nine months to finish my mission." The President said, "I"ll take care of that!" He then had the two of them sit together for an hour and make a decision. When they said that they were interested, Guillermo called Salt Lake City, arranged for her early release, and purchased plane tickets for them to go to Salt Lake City and be married in the temple before returning home.

Http://www.ldsmag.com/article/1/7476/1/page-1

The outcome of this story seems to have been positive however I still think is totally crazy.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jan, 2013 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Story Mission Mormon Crazy

This for me is unrealistic. Are we living in the times of Jacob where we just look at someone, find them attractive and marry them? What about the preparation involved in securing a home and income to raise a family. Assuming that the missionary in this story was well off I cannot see this as being sensible. It will also give rise to other missionaries thinking about this possibility WHILE on their missions.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2013 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Crazy Mormon Mission Story Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Michael

Title: Crazy Mission Story

Comments: I didn't see anywhere in the story where anyone prayed to ask the Lord His opinion of such a momentous decision. I remember hearing Elder Bruce R. McConkie give a talk at BYU wherein he said that he made one mistake when he got married and that was that he didn't pray and ask the Lord about it first. He said that luckily he married the right person anyway but recommended that everyone pray and ask the Lord about their decision. He said that the most important thing that we ever do is to marry the right person, in the right place, and by the right authority.

I read another story about Mark's [..] girlfriend who prayed about marrying him and was told in no uncertain terms not to do so. She broke up with him, and he ended up marrying someone else, who apparently did not pray about it. Mark [..] was a returned missionary.

12th Jan, 2013 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Story Mission Mormon Crazy

Elder Bruce R. McConkie? Really? I would never guessed that him (of all people) didn't pray in such an important decision. Maturity? Mike good observation about the fact that there is no mention of prayer in that story.

> TOPIC: Crazy Mormon Mission Story

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,