Lds Libertarian? - Page 2 of 2

Yes, I have watched this before. I need to - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Sep, 2008 - 2:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
The way we vote. The way we defend and what we are willing to take before we do something about it.
24th Sep, 2004 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Lds Libertarian? - Page 2

I agree much with what has been posted - and with LDS Forever, so long as that argument, which is quite reasonable, does not extend to the rejecting of the idea of political absolutes.

Both the Book of Mormon and modern-day prophets have taught us that there are correct political principles. It is not a matter of opinion; though this is not to say we should not respect the opinions of all of us who are all of us still seeking them.

I wrote a short article that touches on this, but in the interest of not wanting to come across as self-promoting I will provide it to those who ask - or to this thread should it be requested by a Mod. wink.gif

Dubhdara.

Sponsored Links:
24th Sep, 2004 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Libertarian Lds

I think the strong point is simply this... God created government for the benefit of man. When this is understood then we can begin taking things in the right path if it is going out of the way God intended.

Offtopic but,
If your link is in reference to what you are writing and is in relation to LDS Doctrine then you may EDIT your post and include it.

24th Sep, 2004 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Lds Libertarian? Studies Doctrine Mormon

That's absolutely right JB - and to put that into political terms it simply means that Government receives its authority from the people all of whom are sovereign individuals. Government is the servant, not the master, the creature not the creator. It is the organization of the individual right to lawful defense and thus its only role, and only legitimate end, is to preserve our God-given rights so that we may be free.

The article I wrote some time ago does relate to this thread, and is founded in the teachings of the Book of Mormon. It especially points out that there are "correct" laws that the Lord has inspired and revealed...

https://www.ldsfreedomportal.net/bomlaws.htm

Dubhdara.

Offtopic but,

Tried to edit but then realized that only the last post is editable(?) so had to put it in this one. Enjoy!

6th Jul, 2006 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Libertarian Lds

QUOTE (From link above)
The Birth of the Nephite Republic

What were Mosiah's reasons for putting forward such a drastic change in the Nephite constitution? Perhaps if we look at the events just prior to this we might gain a glimpse into Mosiah's mind.

I believe most founding fathers think this way. However, those who come later interpret what they say wrongfully or should I say delideliberatelyst it for their own means.

I am surprised more LDS Members are not libertarians, but then again, most LDS seem to be as everyone else... following the two parties because they are popular or should I say the 'one' party because it is popular amongst LDS Members, especially in Utah.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2008 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Lds Libertarian?
A Friend

Libertarian Lds

If people looked up this party and studied it they would find out that LDS doctrine and beliefs support this political group more than any other political party.

Libertarians are constitutionalists. And the constitution is highly supported and favored by the leaders of the church. This group eliminates government powers and thus eliminates the Secret Combinations that so often occur in a big government.

This is why they never get much media coverage.

Just look up the party and compare the church belief system with it.

4th Sep, 2008 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Lds Libertarian?

Given the many who claim patriotism in the US, I find it strange that the Libertarians do not have more punch and sway in politics. To those still wondering take a look at these excellent FREE to view videos via the link in this Thread: Constitution Videos.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2008 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Lds Libertarian?
A Friend

Lds Libertarian - Page 2

Yes, I have watched this before. I need to watch it again. Thanks for the links.

Folks this stuff is great. Don't take my word for it. Watch it.

Our ancestors are rolling over in their graves seeing what we have allowed to happen. What they fought for has become worth nothing. What we are doing is not the way Americans should be acting.

Doesn't it make you mad that we have been tricked and infiltrated by the very people that made our ancestors slaves? Is this Zion or not? It Doesn't belong to them. This isn't supposed to be babylon!

If loosing your freedom Doesn't make you mad then you are not a patriot.

I Don't beg much, but please please study this.

Study your free agency and your right to self governing.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Lds Libertarian?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,