Uniform Or Casual? - Page 2 of 2

I was in a public school where you could wear - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 8th Mar, 2007 - 10:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Dressing in the education system
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2004 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Uniform Or Casual?
A Friend

Uniform Or Casual? - Page 2

I was in a school with a dress code and I have only good memories about that , Still have a smile on my face when thinking about the nice white shirt and the red tie ...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2004 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Uniform Or Casual?
A Friend

Casual Uniform

There are pro's and con's to both the uniform and freedom of choice of clothing. I, personally, would have hated having to wear a uniform. I'm all about being comfortable when I'm dressed, uniforms have a tendency to not provide it. I'm also not a skirt fan, so girls having to wear a skirt would just not fly for me. Plus, I think it is good that students get to express themselves by their dressing style.

The pro's for a uniform is that it cuts down on the segregation of groups based on how much money is spent on clothing. Everybody is wearing the same things, so a lot of the hostility that's caused among students would be cut down. Another things is that when students are subjected to a stricter dress code, a lot of the less morally standard clothing attire is also cut down. One thing I didn't like about going to school is the amount of skin that was shown.

So there's pro's and con's to both.

11th Dec, 2004 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Uniform Or Casual? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I am also generally against uniforms, because I think we all the right to dress however we want to. In any case, even though we have casual, most look the same with a pear of jeans and a sweatshirt.

The only case where I'm in favor of uniform is during physical education, because if you wear your own clothing, it's most probably going to stink for the rest of the day. Also, not all clothes are fit for sports.

7th Mar, 2007 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Casual Uniform

I went to an all girls school, where they were very strict about the uniform. We had to wear a blouse, tie, blazer, skirt (which wasn't allowed to be above the knee), and matching royal blue socks. The socks were the only thing that I hated, due to the color, but apart from that, everybody stood out as being very smartly dressed.
My eldest Son attends an all boys school, where they have to wear suits and ties, whereas, my 2 youngest go to 2 different schools where they just wear a jumper and trousers, and I don't rate the uniform whatsoever.
It doesn't stand out, and there is nothing that you can do to it to make it look any better.
I'd have to stand by my original thought, and say that I definitely think that the full smart uniform including tie is much better and much smarter.

8th Mar, 2007 - 10:06am / Post ID: #

Casual Uniform

I was in a public school where you could wear what you wanted. While this can be a nice freedom of expression, on several occassions, it ended up being the focus or primer for a fight to break out. Boys and girls, it didn't mater! Also, the older I got, some of the taste in clothing changed such that on more than one occassion a student had to be sent home. While I don't necessarily think that it caused a cast system in school, it could definely be used to personify it.

Now that I am older, I would like for there to be a dress code. I actually have one enforced on me at work. I don't see any problem with it in school either. With what kids want to wear now a days, it is also undoubtably cheaper as well! Plus, while it wont stop fights in school (nothing will do that), at least they wont be fighting over clothing.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Uniform Or Casual?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,