Who To Play For?

Who Play For - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th May, 2005 - 11:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2004 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Who To Play For?

Great players are always needed, but sometimes they are tormented between contract work with a club and 'duty' to country by playing on the national team. Which should a player choose - the money or honor?

Sponsored Links:
6th Oct, 2004 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

For Play Who

The answer to this question will vary from person to person. Some players need the money, other's dont. Some players who need the money value honor to their country more than money. I will answer the question for myself. I would choose country over money, because I believe it is a great honor to represent one's country, and being chosen to do so is not a right, it is a privilege. I can always make the money later on, especially if I am that gifted to have been selected to represent my country.

5th May, 2005 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Who To Play For? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

My opinion is that every player should be honored to play for his country. I don't think that money can buy everything and this honor is one thing money shouldn't be able to buy. On the other hand, ever of the player is thinking about money, everyone knows that if you are selected to play for your national team, you already have money; or if you don't have them, being in your national team can get the attention of bigger teams and you have the chance to be better payed. The excuse that players who refuse the national team are bringing is the loyalty for the club that pays them and the tiredness of long seasons. These are good excuses ... but just excuses. This kind of players shouldn't be selected.

5th May, 2005 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

For Play Who

Show me the money! Honor has nothing to do with it in my opinion. These players do this for a living. It is how they make their money. They have a short period of time in which to do this as a living too.

When you choose a new job, do you consider honor? I don't. It is what is the best opportunity for me? Many factors are considered. One of the primary ones is...money.

10th May, 2005 - 11:14am / Post ID: #

For Play Who

I think this will depend a lot on the sport and country you are from. In my country there is no greater honour in sport than playing for your country, and generally if you are good enough to represent Australia in most sports you are pretty well off.

In football however it's a tough call for a lot of players who may be earning exceptional money, but playing for a nation that will never achieve anything. Playing for your country is a major career achievement but is it worth ruining or hampering your career?

Being Aussie I would say country over money, but if I was living in the Solomon Islands then definitely money! I think clubs need to become more accommodating to national teams and FIFA should work more collaboratively with the various FAs to ensure international fixtures provide minimal distruption to the major football leagues.

> TOPIC: Who To Play For?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,