Mormons and Sex Education - Page 5 of 6

LDS, you make a point. One thing that can - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jul, 2010 - 2:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Should children be taught this outside of the home?
8th May, 2008 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Sex Education - Page 5

Man have we gone off the deep end as a society. Just imagine we need to wait for our kids to go to school so they can learn how mama and papa did it.

8th May, 2008 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Education Sex Mormons

To me RedSonja it is not to start at school but to add to what you have taught at home. Also many teach the children little of the sexual knowledge they need. The point in this case is the emotions that are played on and understanding them very important as I know many adult ladies who still think sex is like a hand shake, to be given out to any who say hi. What are they going to teach their kids? I would bet that they themselves could learn a lot from a class like this.

The last of my sexual maturity occurred when I took spiritual marriage courses and became fine tuned as to the total cost of a casual attitude in sexual relations in the past and the impact on your marriage today. A sexual relation is a very intertwined with you even if it is a one time occasion.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 8th May, 2008 - 1:43pm

Post Date: 8th May, 2008 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Sex Education
A Friend

Mormons and Sex Education Studies Doctrine Mormon

I agree Krakyn. Its all very well saying that primary school children should've been told where they come from prior to starting school but as their maturity level increases they will have further questions they might just be too embarassed to ask their parents about. Schools should strive to give a safe environment where children can discuss sex.

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2010 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 5 Education Sex Mormons

Primary school sex education call

Primary school children should be taught about sex, relationships and alcohol, say health advisers. Ref. Source 6

12th Jul, 2010 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Education Sex Mormons

I feel that there is a need for both home, and school sex education, one major reason is, unless you"re an expert in STD's, the schools can be a place for kids to get educated sex ed. Plus there can be special assemblies where there can be kids talking about their experience with STD's or being pregnant. It also can be a place where kids can talk to other kids, in the assemblies, about the myths, and the facts, of how to get STD's, and how to get pregnant (especially the myths going around the school). I feel this is important since kids are more likely to listen to other kids, then to adults.

12th Jul, 2010 - 5:22am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Sex Education

I think kids should most definitely be taught this and how to have protected sex. Back in the day people had much shorter life spans, many living to only 30 or so. I think kids that are of puberty have all the capabilities of reproducing and should be explained what is going on with their bodies.

12th Jul, 2010 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Sex Education - Page 5

I am not in agreement for kids to learn sex education at school for a number of reasons. Number one being that the teachings they may get from there does not necessarily match the ones you try to reinforce at home.

For those kids who do not have the kind of parents that may teach them these things are home, special programs can be created OUTSIDE school.

12th Jul, 2010 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Sex Education Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

LDS, you make a point. One thing that can be done is to have special firesides with doctors and kids talking about STDs, how to get them, the myths and facts about sex, STDs, and pregnancy. The next best thing, is to personally take your children to an LDS doctor, and talk to your child as a team.
LDS, one major problem with your idea, is that there is no place for the kids to go whom their parents don't, or won't, talk to their kids about sex.
I must admit that sex is a taboo subject, I would dare to say it's as much of a taboo subject, in the church, than what goes on inside the temple. There are several book by Apostles on what goes on in the temple, but I have yet to find one book about sex, written by any Apostle (if you know one, please name the book).

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Mormons and Sex Education

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,