Ending A Relationship - Page 3 of 3

I agree with Howe6079 and Maicman. The best - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Mar, 2007 - 6:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: When it comes to ending a relationship I am usually.
  The one ending it       57.14%
  The one being told that it should end       0.00%
  The one most hurt       28.57%
  The one that feels the most silly about it       14.29%
Total Votes: 7
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Is there a right way?
2nd Jul, 2005 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Ending A Relationship - Page 3

Mica, I think you are very right. I think it is very unfair when they give you those type of reasons because you ended up working up yourself of what you did wrong when in fact the other person maybe found someone else or they just do not like you anymore. I think that if the relationship while it lasted was honest, the reasons for breaking up should also be honest.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2005 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Ending A Relationship
A Friend

Relationship Ending

although I agree that Honesty is the best policy when breaking up with someone it doesn't always work! Ultimately the other person will always believe what they want to believe, believe the worst because I think if you can hate the person thats broke up with you, even for a little while it makes it easier to deal with! I think the end of a relationship is like a bereavement in alot of ways except you have to still see that person but can't have them as part of your life which is why ending a relationship should always be done as delicately and compassionately as possible although as has already been said sometimes the other person just will not except it and then you have to get tough! what I really hate is this new thing of breaking up with people by texting them, thats just cowardly!

22nd Jul, 2005 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Ending A Relationship Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I don't think there is an absolute right way to break a relationship. Sometimes you have to be tough and tell the truth, no matter how hard it is to handle by the other. Still, there are some cases when the best thing to do is to say what the other person wants to hear ... it's kinda difficult to really know what that is, but if you do it this way you manage to break the relationship and not hurt the ex's feelings.

23rd Mar, 2007 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Relationship Ending

I agree with Howe6079 and Maicman. The best way to end a relationship is to do it as soon as possible. The more you delay, the harder it becomes. I think it is always best to choose a time when you know the person will be in a receptive mood. Try to be sensitive too. Be honest, even though you know that the other person will feel hurt. But above all, choose your words carefully. As strange as this may sound, try to imagine how you would feel if someone broke up with you in a harsh and abrupt manner. In other words, put yourself in the other person's shoes. Don't make empty promises like "I hope we can be friends," especially when you don't mean it. And never ever leave a person hanging. If you cannot figure out a way to end a relationship, don't promise to call someone and you never do or ignore them when they are calling you.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ending A Relationship

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,