Ending A Relationship - Page 2 of 3

Honesty. It may not be the best on him/her, - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 11:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: When it comes to ending a relationship I am usually.
  The one ending it       57.14%
  The one being told that it should end       0.00%
  The one most hurt       28.57%
  The one that feels the most silly about it       14.29%
Total Votes: 7
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Is there a right way?
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2004 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Ending A Relationship
A Friend

Ending A Relationship - Page 2

There is no proper way I guess but the easiest way is to talk probably so you two both get to the reasons why you two shouldn't be together. And if you say why do you think you two should end relatioship (and it is for a good reason - from your side) your partner should understand you. (Well you usually see if something is going wrong ... the other thing is when you don't know. Then things can get tough.)

One hard way is off course if you are still in love but you two broke up. (Same the other way.) But its just a life thing and i'm almost certain it happens to everyone at least once.

Which brings to interesting question :

"Why haven't we found a way to end the relationship on the way that both sides would be happy ?" (Or have we ?)

Sponsored Links:
15th Dec, 2004 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Relationship Ending

The best way? Soon and quickly. Do it as soon as you are confident the relationship will not work. It is easy to stay in a dysfunctional relationship for years, mostly out of habit. Why not save the other person's time and your sanity? Of course, when it comes to relationships that have progressed as far as marriage, all aspects must be carefully considered before reaching that conclusion. But once the conclusion is reached, just do it before the attachment becomes any stronger.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2004 - 11:14am / Post ID: #

Ending A Relationship
A Friend

Ending A Relationship Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

There is no easy way to do it...but never delay this because it gets harder every day.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2005 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Ending A Relationship
A Friend

Page 2 Relationship Ending

I don't know if there is a best way to end a relationship, because every situation is different, but I do believe there are some general bad ways to end one. Obviously, as has been stated, waiting for a long period of time is a bad idea. It only leads the other person on more and more, plus it makes you more miserable.

I think another bad form of ending a relationship is over the phone, in a letter, or over the internet. Obviously sometimes it cannot be avoided, but if a person has taken the time to put effort into a relationship, then they deserve to be confronted face to face about it. Plus, a lot of times it's easier to read each other and interpret feelings more face to face. If a person is trying to break up with somebody who tends to be on the abusive side, then that method is probably not a good idea.

I think another bad way of doing it is approaching it if you're angry or upset. When we're angry, we tend to try to make the other person hurt rather than trying to discuss things in a mature fashion.

3rd Jan, 2005 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

Relationship Ending

This is a similar question in a slightly broader context: What's the best way to 'let someone down' who likes you much more than you like him or her? It could be within a relationship or just in a social context where somebody wants to be more than friends. It's hard not to create hard feelings, but it's unfair to leave the situation alone and let certain individuals assume you're interested. I seem to have problems with this one from time to time, especially since the college I attend has a significantly more women than men. I have a hard time coming right out and saying, "I don't really like you." I don't want to be a jerk. However, any less direct language seems to leave enough reasonable doubt in some individuals' minds that the situation is not resolved. What is the most respectful and clear approach?

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2005 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Ending A Relationship
A Friend

Ending A Relationship

Well, one piece of advice I can give is try to watch your steps and not do anything that could be taken as you like her. Sometimes you have to look at it more as "If I were her, how I would take this" as opposed to what you know to be the real motivation behind something.

As for letting them down, if they don't say anything to you about it, but you're picking vibes, I wouldn't suggest saying anything. There was a situation my freshman year of high school where I had a huge crush on my best friend. I didn't want him to know because for one, I was trying to crush those thoughts because he was my best friend, and two, I didn't want to risk doing anything to dampen our friendship. I was in a situation where I liked a guy, but I didn't want to because he was my best friend. Unfortunately, I confided in somebody who went and blabbed to him, so that kind of cause d a huge problem because then he wanted to talk about. Things got a little weird.

If they have said something to you, then be honest with them. Tell them that you enjoy being around them as a friend, but you don't want to pursue anything deeper. It's best to be honest, but be honest in a nice way. If you know a female has feelings for you, avoid being alone with her. If she wants to hang out with just the two of you, make sure you're in a public place. It sends a wrong message.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2005 - 7:34am / Post ID: #

Ending A Relationship
A Friend

Ending Relationship - Page 2

Honesty is the best thing to do, but how many times did one hear: I like you but just like a friend? That is the worst thing because is such a cliche, even if is sincere. So one must pay more attention on what he/she say in such cases.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Ending A Relationship
A Friend

Ending Relationship Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Honesty. It may not be the best on him/her, maybe not even on you, but it helps, for me, and whether or not they see it at the time it helps them, since I always brood on why I was *really* broken up with if they just used the "it's not you it's me," "I like you as a friend," etc. But if you give them the real reason it'll save brain power, and headaches, as well as not make them jump to any wrong conclusions about why you broke up with them. ...Plus the truth is always better then a lie, with very few exceptions.
Anyways, this is just my opinion, and it's not one of my firmest.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ending A Relationship

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,