Noisy Neighbors

Noisy Neighbors - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Mar, 2007 - 7:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Are they worth the time and effort?
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2004 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Noisy Neighbors

Humans can be naturally rebellious, especially when it comes to someone interferring in their personal lifestyle. If you live in close proximity with another person then it is possible that the noises they make from music, parties, movement and other activities could disturb your peace of mind. At first you might try to speak to them calmly about it, then you may get more forceful in your tone, then you might go with calling the police or even taking them to court, but is it worth it? Neighbors can be very vindictive and make your life a living hell. What would you do?

Sponsored Links:
18th Oct, 2004 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Neighbors Noisy

Neighbors can be very vindictive and make your life a living hell. What would you do?

First of all, I will have to analyze what kind of neighbors are, I will not put myself in any kind of situation. In Argentina you can call the police for these kind of situations without revealing your name so maybe instead to approach the neighbor which you know, will have no effect on him/her, you can call the police one time and see what happens.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Oct, 2004 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

Noisy Neighbors History & Civil Business Politics

Even if you call the police without revealing your name the neighbors are going to eventually guess who it is by asking around. You are right LDS about analyzing what kind of neighbors you have or the situation can get really out of control. Personally, I think every situation is unique, but the only real cure if you are able is to live in an area where you do not have to worry about such things.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3228 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Oct, 2004 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Neighbors Noisy

When we had our second child, he was very 'colicky' and did not sleep well at night, which meant that we didn't sleep much either. Our neighbors are very early risers, and they also enjoy doing jobs around the house, which is fine. However, for a while there, we were getting very frustrated with them because they would be doing loud jobs around their house at 6-7 am, right around the time that our baby and us were trying to get back to sleep. We were torn about approaching them about it, because, really, it wouldn't be fair to them to work around our schedule, but then again, they had to know that we had a newborn at home, and at least think about the timing of their activities. We didn't say anything, and eventually things worked out, but it was a very trying time for us!

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

11th Mar, 2007 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Neighbors Noisy

I think you've got to look at the whole situation and analyze it from there. If say the neighbors are good neighbors in the day time but have rowdy and noisy late night parties, you could consider whether to approach them in a light hearted way such as "That was some party you had last night hey *laughs*, instead of approaching them with "We didn't get any sleep at all last night, you were really inconsiderate, and the next time you have a party that late, I'll consider calling the police!" You'd have to weigh it up yourself how your neighbors are going to take it and work it from there.
If it's only occasional,
it might be worth just turning a blind eye, however if it's continual and it's getting louder and louder and disrupting the whole family, then I would look into reporting it.

We live in a semi-detached house, and the girl that our house is joined to likes partying, and she sometimes is in and out of her house and garden partying until around 3am, other nights, she brings somebody home around 2am, and there are doors banging really loudly, shouting, people running up the stairs (which I think just sounds worse because she's got wooden floors), but no consideration is given to others.

I personally think there has got to be some give and take, she never complains when my kids play noisily or shout or scream, so I never say anything when I get disturbed, it's '6 of one and half a dozen of another'.

If you really can't put up with it though, you have to do something before it starts affecting your health and lifestyle, even if it means reporting it anonymously!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

12th Mar, 2007 - 7:21am / Post ID: #

Noisy Neighbors

This is one of the worst things about living in close quarters - whether it's in multi-family apartments or just close-together homes: you never know until you move in what your neighbors will be like. I've seen a lot of things over the years, and probably the best we can hope for is considerate "wall mates." When the situation gets so bad that you feel like calling the police, all the more reason to move to a less-populated area smile.gif

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Noisy Neighbors

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,