Celebration Riots!

Celebration Riots! - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 14th Dec, 2004 - 5:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd Oct, 2004 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Celebration Riots!

Recently, a 21-year old RedSox fan and college student, died after the RedSox won game 7 of the ALCS to advance to the World Series. She was merely celebrating with her friends outside Fenway park, while other hooligans were starting fires and trashing buildings. One of these idiots ran away from the police into the crowd where the 21-year old was standing. Pepper spray bullets were shot in that direction, and one of them struck her in the face, entering her brain. The brain damage was too much to sustain and she died.
Celebration riots are not a new phenomena, we hear about them all the time. Looting after the Lakers won the NBA finals. Rioting and looting in college towns after a big upset. Usually it is a few fans who are either inebriated or simply brain-dead who make it hell for the majority who are just excited about their team's victory. In this case, one of these innocent bystanders paid the price of being in such a situation with her life.
Do you have any other examples of celebrations gone bad? What can be done to curb these and protect innocent people? What are your thoughts on this issue?

Sponsored Links:
23rd Oct, 2004 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Riots Celebration

I have not experienced anything like that and doubt I ever will simply because I will never attend a match where it is expected to happen (big game / conflicting fans). As for preventative measures I have found that countries that have already gone through this are best prepared. I bet those that get this as a first time experience will make more security improvements for the next game even if it is not actually within the radius of the stadium.

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2004 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

Celebration Riots!
A Friend

Celebration Riots! Sports & Fashion Music Movies

College football games get really bad right after the game on the field. I don't know how many people have been injured by fans pulling down the goal posts and them falling into the crowd. I'm so glad to see that they're now installing motorized goal posts, so once the game end, they lower automatically. That was definately a positive step towards preventing injury in that manner.

> TOPIC: Celebration Riots!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,