The Mistake Of Most Martial Arts Trainers - Page 3 of 3

The mistake of most martial art trainers is - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 25th Jul, 2010 - 3:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2007 - 10:36am / Post ID: #

The Mistake Of Most Martial Arts Trainers
A Friend

The Mistake Of Most Martial Arts Trainers - Page 3

Muah Thai I believe takes in speed very well, However they do not concentrate on dodging attacks but taking them head on then counter attacking.
I also this that your talking about training in the way of speed, but the main attribute for avoiding being hit is reflex, I don't believe you can train for reflex in any straight forward way.
The routine trainers run over in their classes doesn't just teach you the way to punch, it also teaches you the way the enemy movements will be if they are about to punch, Once you know where the weight will shift, how the arm will move, where the punch will strike. Then your automatic Reflexes will dodge the attack without you consciously thinking to do so.

I agree that there should be part of a class that do hone in on speed, such as obstacle courses of some kind, just to increase, agility and speed. But I do not believe that trainers are doing anything wrong.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2010 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Trainers Arts Martial Of Mistake The

Name: MC

Comments: To the guy that said we shouldn't dodge attacks but take them head on... I think that is somewhat misguided. Martial arts is not about we do that and we don't do that but it is applying the right technique to the right situation. That's why street fighters can be sometimes way better than a traditional martial arts practitioner because they do anything to win rather than follow a plan.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2010 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

The Mistake Of Most Martial Arts Trainers
A Friend

The Mistake Of Most Martial Arts Trainers Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I have had many arguments about this, I have met many so called "Street Fighters" who believe their system is superior to any Martial Artist. What they don't realize is that many Martial Artists have a system that is built totally on so called "Street Fighting". I cant make a distinction between a disciplined Karateka on the Street and a "Street Fighter", the Karateka will do all he can to win too.
The fabled superior "Street Fighter" to me is a myth.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2010 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Trainers Arts Martial Of Mistake The

Name: Bare hands

Comments: The worst kind of martial artist is the one who develops most of their skill in weapons handling. I mean when it comes down to it will you rally have a sword or a pair of nuchucks on you to defend yourself?

25th Jul, 2010 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Trainers Arts Martial Of Mistake The

The mistake of most martial art trainers is that they believe they are superior to others of their same or different art. Over ten years ago, I was lucky enough to find one of the good trainers. I have studied and trained in Taekwondo ever since. My head instructor has many great qualities to make him a great trainer. He admits freely that every martial artist is continually learning. He has trained with some of the best instructors in the world and he has never said that his martial art is better than another because he can see positiveness in all.

Unfortunately I have see some horrendous trainers out there. People with God-like complexes because they think they are better than everyone else. They train others to think the same way and ultimately they do not win.

I started for self-defense and became quite proficient in sparring. However, whoever says its all about speed is quite wrong. For me, it was technique and understanding of the moves and my ability to defend myself. Its about confidence. I remember sparring a guy who thought he would be able to win. His first response was speed and power. However, he had tired himself out and in the end I won because I had the technique. (It was a very good fight. I think he didn't want to be fighting a girl and definitely did not want to be beaten by a girl!)

Don't get me wrong, speed is a needed commodity in sparring, its just not the most important thing. You can be quick, but if you don't have the technique to back it up, then you will lose.

Reconcile Edited: jchampers on 25th Jul, 2010 - 3:38am

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Mistake Of Most Martial Arts Trainers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,