Adam & Eve

Adam Eve - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 12th Jun, 2005 - 2:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2004 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve

The story of Adam and Eve can be located in the Book of Genesis. From their actions we understand that man was cast out of the Garden of Eden and began to procreate on the Earth as we know it now. Here are some questions for consideration:

1. What would happen if Adam did not eat the apple?
2. Why would God give a commandment to multiply and replenish the earth if Adam & Eve were innocent?
3. Did the devil really appear as a serpent or was that just symbolic? If it is symbolic why does God use the serpent in other places to represent good or even God?
4. Whom did Adam & Eve's kids marry?

Sponsored Links:
27th Nov, 2004 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Eve and Adam

1. I believe that it was part of God's plan for Adam and Eve to partake of the fruit. The Fall was as necessary as the Creation or the Atonement.

2. I don't think that most of Christianity even considers the idea that Adam and Eve might not have been able to have children before the Fall. I think that one way to look at it is that since Adam and Eve were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth, when Eve had eaten of the fruit, then Adam would know that he must also eat, or they would have been separated, and unable to reproduce.

3. I haven't really thought about this question before.

4. Obviously, (to me) Adam and Eve's children married their own siblings. Throughout the Bible, there are many instances of people marrying close relatives, with no social, medical, or genitic problems.

If we take as an assumption that the Bible is true, then Adam and Eve were almost perfect specimens. They, and their children, would have had little, if any, genetic abnormalities. This is shown by the lifespans reported for the first few generations. The societal ban on incestuous marriages came later in history.

28th Nov, 2004 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve Revealed Bible The

1. I believe that it was part of God's plan for Adam and Eve to partake of the fruit. The Fall was as necessary as the Creation or the Atonement.

I don't think so. If it was part of his plan, why wait for them to eat the fruit? Why not send them to multiply and replenish the earth immediately?

2. Why would God give a commandment to multiply and replenish the earth if Adam & Eve were innocent?

He wouldn't probably. Adam and Eve would have just lived the two of them alone forever, or until they would sin.

3. Did the devil really appear as a serpent or was that just symbolic? If it is symbolic why does God use the serpent in other places to represent good or even God?

I don't think it was anything symbolic, as you say, in other places a serpent symbolizes good, so it wouldn't make sense. Either Nighthawk was right, it was god's plan and the serpent did symbolize him, or, as I think about it, it might just be to explain why the snake has no feet, as simple as that.

If we take as an assumption that the Bible is true, then Adam and Eve were almost perfect specimens. They, and their children, would have had little, if any, genetic abnormalities. This is shown by the lifespans reported for the first few generations. The societal ban on incestuous marriages came later in history.

That may also explain why humans have deteriorated, and are now far from perfect.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2004 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve
A Friend

Eve and Adam

Want to hear the question that many minds at a Baptist College have come up with and have sat pondering?

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

29th Nov, 2004 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Eve and Adam

That is a perennial favorite conundrum.

I have answered that question for myself. However, I can guarantee that my answer and the logic behind it would not go over well in the Baptist college.

laugh.gif

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2005 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve
A Friend

Adam & Eve

Throwing my two cents in...

There are many assumptions... but the Genesis account doesn't say that the sexual act was somehow the 'loss' of innocence. God just said be fruitful and multiply. The first indication that this process (having sex) may have immediately began was when Adam first saw her and went "Wow!"

2nd... According to the Bible... Adam and Eve were created immortal. They were perfect. 100% mental capability. They literally heard, walked with, and fellowshipped with God... communicated with animals... and much more.

God said... steal what isn't yours (eat of my tree) and you shall die... you'll lose it. It was after the 'disease' of sin they caught through subtrafuge and disobedience that their spirit got broke and their bodies followed over 500+ years later. This had devastating effects on the earth also. After the flood, further deterioration followed and humans now can't even break past 120 with the mean at 70 years. It's like post-diluvian progeria.

3rd... Satan had to get them 'infected' before they had their first child. How could death, sin, iniquity be effectively passed down (encoded) to succeeding generations if he had to go after a lot of uninfected offspring. So Satan got busy right away and used the same subterfuge of creating distrust for God and then tempting those two with the sin he was guilty of... saying 'You shall be as gods'

4th... Satan didn't care at all about Adam and Eve... He just wanted to get back at God... and still tries today using the same ol methods.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2005 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve
A Friend

Adam & Eve

Who did Adam & Eve's kids marry?

Nighthawk says:

Obviously, (to me) Adam and Eve's children married their own siblings.

According to Genesis 5:

5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:
5:4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters.

It sems that Adam begat (great word) Seth before the other sons and daughters

But in Genesis 4:

4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived...

Much later:

4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth:

So it would appear that Cain knew his wife before Seth was born, and Adam and Eve didn't have other children till after Seth was born.

SO --- Cain met his wife before Adam and Eve had daughters. So, where did she come from?

Here are two new questions - one trivial and one serious.

First question:

Where was Adam before God put him in the Garden of Eden?

Second question:

God lied to Adam. How can we trust a liar?

God told Adam:

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." GEN 2:17

This is a definite statement - a promise - that if Adam eats of the tree of knowledge, Adam will die "in the day thou eatest". Pretty much immediately.

But Adam lived for over 900 years after he'd eaten the fruit of the tree.

Why did God lie to Adam in the first place? If God can lie to Adam about something so important as life and death and the knowledge of good and evil, how can we trust him now?

If God makes empty threats, why should we pay attention to all the other threats found in the Bible? Is he just a big bluffer?

Lastly, an observation:

I had thought that Adam had a great life in the Garden of Eden. I hadn't realised that he actually had a job to do - ie "to dress it and to keep it". He was a gardener in a huge garden with four rivers, which between them encompass the whole land of Havilah and the whole land of Ethiopia, and stretches towards Assyria. Big garden! That's a lot of work for one man. No wonder he got fed up. And why all the gold and precious stone? What's that all for?

12th Jun, 2005 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve The Bible Revealed

God lied to Adam. How can we trust a liar?

God told Adam:

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." GEN 2:17

This is a definite statement - a promise - that if Adam eats of the tree of knowledge, Adam will die "in the day thou eatest". Pretty much immediately.

But Adam lived for over 900 years after he'd eaten the fruit of the tree.

Why did God lie to Adam in the first place? If God can lie to Adam about something so important as life and death and the knowledge of good and evil, how can we trust him now?

That is certainly one way to view it. However, there are quite a few items you have missed in this analysis.

1. Adam did suffer spiritual death immediately. Spiritual death is seperation from God.

2. Elsewhere in the Bible (as well as even further explanation within my own religious beliefs) there is reference to 1000 years (of man) being like a single day to God. If that is true, then Adam did die that same day!

I believe that Adam was the greatest human of all to live. He made a difficult choice. Eve was drawn to eat of the tree by deceit. Adam had to make the choice knowing that Eve would be cast out of the Garden, so if he didn't eat, then they would be separated.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Adam & Eve

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,