Adam & Eve - Page 3 of 5

pockettape, your last post is entirely offtopic. - Page 3 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 5th Apr, 2006 - 1:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2006 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve
A Friend

Adam & Eve - Page 3

First, we got to stop calling it an apple, apples are delicious and very good for you.

The story is symbolic. Meaning is more basic than truth. There was not an actual tree with fruit. They ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. What does that mean? It means they committed the greatest sin. The sin most humans continue to commit. They wanted to decide for themselves what was good and what was evil. They should have listened to God and let him decide, but they chose to be their own judges. The wages of sin is death. Only God has knowledge of what's good and evil.

Does anyone believe the most merciful God with throw us out of paradise for eating fruit? Search for the meaning behind the words in the Bible not just what's printed verbatim.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2006 - 5:18am / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve
A Friend

Eve and Adam

Pocket, if you believe that the Bible was only meant to be symbolic, then was Jesus merely symbolic or do you believe he really came down from heaven and died for you?

But read the rest of what is considered by the authors of the Old Testament, the Jews, God is not a nice God, handing out judgement that includes killing every man woman and child in a town. Killing everyone but the virgins which could be taken to provide 'delight' for the men. Killing thousands of his own people to punish King David for what he did. The Jews believe this is their history. If it is not symbolic but is real, then I have no problems believing that your God would indeed through you out of paradise for eating fruit. Its not out of the nature of God, indeed, that is exactly how God works.

28th Mar, 2006 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve Revealed Bible The

In my writing instead of just using common sense I spend most of my time letting the Bible argue with its own statements. It contradicts itself continuously which you just pointed out.

I read a story of creation once that almost exactly paralelled Genesis, but could never find it again. Where did you find the Egyptian story of creation? Is it for sale anywhere?

I loved your belly-button theory, only I heard it was a done-button. When God is through creating children he lines them all up and touches each one on the tummy saying, "You're done. You're done. You're done."

mousetrails

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2006 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve
A Friend

Page 3 Eve and Adam

The story of creation can be found in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. The Babylonian creation story closely parallels Genesis as well, it is found in the Enuma Elish. Both predate Genesis by millennia, and most likely influenced its writings. But often, you find that it is not two humans in their stories, it is two gods that start creation. But with a Judaism, any god besides Yahweh was twisted to make all other gods either humans, angels, or demons. So the stories parallel, but in the form of the first created gods and their children, who were also gods.

30th Mar, 2006 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Eve and Adam

I will not elaborate on it here, but I just thought I would point out the plural when God (Gods) created Adam:

QUOTE (Genesis 1:26)
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2006 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve

Mousetrails and Pockettape, the subject of this Thread is: Adam & Eve, therefore you should remain with that as your focus of Discussion. Read our Constructive Posting Policy.

UPDATE: Off topics removed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2006 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve
A Friend

Adam & Eve - Page 3

JB since you pointed out Gen 1:26 I will elaborate. It refers to the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. It does not refer to polytheism, which can be discounted through numerous biblical passages.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2006 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Adam & Eve The Bible Revealed - Page 3

pockettape, your last post is entirely offtopic. It is also ONLY an opinion. It may be a widely accepted opinion, but that doesn't make it fact. Please take any further discussion concerning the Trinity to an appropriate topic.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Adam & Eve

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,