Nativity Scenes

Nativity Scenes - Christmas - Posted: 27th Nov, 2004 - 3:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Any in your home?
Post Date: 6th Nov, 2004 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Nativity Scenes

Humans usually focus on getting the Christmas Tree, stockings and lights up, but the Nativity is rarely scene. What about in your home - do you have a Nativity scene set up, if so where, outside, inside or some where special?

Sponsored Links:
6th Nov, 2004 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Scenes Nativity

We have a very small Christmas tree and a very small but nice Nativity. I think the Nativity should be the center of the whole thing, not the Christmas tree.

7th Nov, 2004 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Nativity Scenes Christmas

Growing up in Trinidad, my family had a Nativity Scene that we would place next to the Christmas tree. I dont have one now, but I would like to get one so that at least my kids understand the real importance of Christmas.

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2004 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Nativity Scenes
A Friend

Scenes Nativity

I have four Nativity Scenes now. I am always on the lookout for more. The ones I have are small, and ceramic. My ex-neighbor's sister collects them, so for two christmas's he made her this Amish Nativity set. [here is the link to the book he used: https://www.sistersanddaughters.com/AAN.html ]They were stuffed dolls! They have no faces! The Amish don't have mirrors, nor do any of their depictions of people or animals have faces.

My ex-husband really didn't celebrate Christmas ~ so for 27 years I didn't do much other than display the Christmas Cards that we received. I acquired a 2 foot artificial tree that I decorated myself, with miniature ornaments and lights, and then I have my Nativity Sets. All of this will fit on a coffee table.

When my new husband and I finally settle into our final, permanent home ~ then I will acquire more Nativity Sets. To us it is more important to center on Christ, His birth and His ministry, then on the commercial aspect of the season.

Two years ago I saw one at the Costco Store. It was the city of Bethlehem! It would fit on a dining room table, that is how big it was. It was all in stone, looked like sand, and canvas. Complete with animales and people. At the time I couldn't afford it ~ $75.00. Now, however, if I ever come across it again, I will definitely get it.

21st Nov, 2004 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Scenes Nativity

Each year I display a nativity scene in my home. I usually also have a Christmas tree, but I treasure the nativity scene. This year, I am debating not putting up the tree, but the nativity scene will definately be on display.

22nd Nov, 2004 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Nativity Scenes

My mother has had a very small nativitiy scene that she displays each year, and since I've spent most Christmases with her and dad, I never bought one. I do love them, and the variety that they come in, and one day I'll purchase a set.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2004 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Nativity Scenes
A Friend

Nativity Scenes

We have high ceilings and always get a huge Christmas tree. My house actually has an antique nativity scene, but we do not display it. It sits on a shelf all year long, pretty much hidden. I always liked the tree and presents more than the nativity scene.

27th Nov, 2004 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Nativity Scenes Christmas

We have one, small, nativity set. It is a Hummel set that my wife was able to buy a few years ago.

However, this is a rather sensitive subject in our family. Our local congregation closes down the church for a week or so in December, and puts hundreds and hundreds of creches in display. We (my wife and I) find this very uncomfortable. In fact, we are almost hesitant to put up our small creche in our home, as we have seen so many people get so caught up in this.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Nativity Scenes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,