Christ's Comeliness? - Page 3 of 3

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 16-Jul 10, 10:58 PM) Name: - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Jul, 2010 - 5:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Christ's Comeliness? - Page 3

Name: Nick

Comments: As far as his mother looking very fair...I've seen the ugliest kids come from the best looking parents and vise versa. So that theory proves nothing.

He was a Jew being described by a Jew. What dose that mean to us non Jews?

I don't think Isaiah was making an attempt to describe his good looks or lack thereof, but rather emphasize the fact that he appeared as ordinary. That could mean fairly good looking or fairly ugly depending on the eye of the beholder.

His appearance blended with the ordinary person that does not stand out in a crowd such as David, Ruth, Rebecca, Sarah, Rachel, Fabio ect...That everybody wishes they could be or at least have. My personal preference would be to have.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting check your spelling. Join the Community to have access to a Spell Checker

Someone should have thought to ask Joseph exactly what our Father looked like...Then we would know.

If certain Apostles & Mary didn't recognize him after his resurrection then what happened in that transition?

And surely as He became transfigured on the mount of transfiguration he obviously looked somewhat different than before and after this happened.

So what does that mean? I'll tell you what it means. It means that Perfection removes the rough edges of imperfections.

We see it in Hollywood all the time. It's called a face lift and tummy tuck and breast implants in human terms but in God's realm of cosmetic repair, it means reaping those benefits without having to go through an agonizing recovery.

What? You wouldn't want these improvements from God? And they're free!

Sponsored Links:
18th Jul, 2010 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Comeliness Christs

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 16-Jul 10, 10:58 PM)
Name: Nick

So what does that mean? I'll tell you what it means. It means that Perfection removes the rough edges of imperfections.

We see it in Hollywood all the time. It's called a face lift and tummy tuck and breast implants in human terms but in God's realm of cosmetic repair, it means reaping those benefits without having to go through an agonizing recovery.

What? You wouldn't want these improvements from God? And they're free!

Comparing the transfiguration of the Savior with Hollywood stars having surgeries and botox is idiotic (not to mention sacrilegious). My goodness, do you go around preaching the "Gospel according to Nick?" all the time?. Geez, I hope you ensure to tell people that's your OPINION (weird too) but merely your OPINION.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Christ's Comeliness?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,