Truth - Page 2 of 3

Name: Skeptic Comments: Everyone claims to - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 10th Jun, 2010 - 1:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Who has it? Where to find it?
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2008 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Truth - Page 2

Name: Louis

Comments: I haven't read the entire conversation but if you are trying to find out if there is any evidence to what the Bible is saying. You may want to take a look at some of Eugene Faulstichs' chronology books. He is no longer around to refer back to but I think if you are serious about finding truth about the subject than the books are a very good place to start. I"m looking through a short book of his right now that is a kind of outline to the rest of his books "Science & God in Balance". It uses astronomy to find exact dates and events from the Bible it also tests the theory of other major religions. It is a good way to test religious books from a scientific point of view.

Source 1: Eugene Faulstich

Sponsored Links:
25th Mar, 2008 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Truth

I personally tend to agree with the statement that the truth is within us. Thus the truth is not based on a physical fact and as such completely unprovable by todays science. Moustrails also has my second truth, that truth is in faith. The truths that you as an individual will be revealed through meditation on ones faith. Even truths based on a hard fact is really only ones personal opinion, which they convince others through logical reason to be a true fact. We will never know all till we are no longer here.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2008 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Truth
A Friend

Truth Beliefs Religious General

The truth. I know I do not have all the truths of the world and all that goes on in it. I believe that we are not meant to learn all of the truths. We can only decipher parts of the whole truth as the truth is so large we can not possibly understand it all.

I know I only know the truths that I hold dear. Everything else is just an opinion. Other than that I do not know what to tell a person.

26th Mar, 2008 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Truth

I have heard several comments about truth being within us or we can only find truth within ourselves.

I respectfully disagree.

Truth can only be found externally, from sources outside of ourselves. If one believes in God, then God must reveal the truth to us(I.e. Prophets, Scripture, Revelation), otherwise we are forever in the dark concerning the ultimate truths. If one believes in strict materialism then truth must come from observation. Looking inward only helps if we have reliable outside influences that shape our perceptions.

But, in my opinion, truth in order for it to be true, must be correct regardless of how Human minds perceive that truth. An ultimate truth does not rely on us knowing or believing in it. There are things that I "know" to be true, that may not be. Or there are things that I have rejected that are, in fact, Ultimate truths. To say that truth can be found inside me just states that I am the way, the truth,and the life, and the ultimate in Supreme Beings, or that my observations are completely perfect, without faults. Both seem impossible.

In my opinion both Science and Religion, as we know it, are flawed if the conduit by which it is given to us is flawed. The opposite is also true.

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2008 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Truth
A Friend

Truth

Truth is fact. The way things really are. Some truth is fairly easy to establish physically. Spiritual truth however cannot be established by physical means. Spiritual truth has to be established by spiritual means.

Scientists determine truth by physical means, testing and evaluating etc. They want to establish fact using the five senses. The possibility that there are more than five senses annoys them.

However there is a spiritual sense which, though difficult to get a handle on, is more reliable and accurate than any other way. Language does not get in the way when spiritual truth is involved, because the information is transferred from mind to mind, or from the Creator to his creations. Therefore it is the most accurate source of truth, though it cannot be proved physically.

Reconcile Edited: Fielding on 29th Mar, 2008 - 7:55pm

Post Date: 23rd May, 2009 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Truth

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
-- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Dec, 2009 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Truth
A Friend

Truth - Page 2

Peace too the eyes that read this, comfort to the mind that understand this! As to what the truth is can only be explained from knowledge to the knowledgeable! That is say in essenc..if you have to ask..then you should not know! I in my introduction to this site was drawn to the fact of Islamic Strudies...well Islamic Studies tells the knowledgeable ones, that all Truth comes from One Source. Now the consequence of that Sure Fact..is the seeking of some to one's acceptance of just how does that knowledge enter into their mental frame of reference! As sure as water is wet..yet..all wet things is not water.
al-Imam Muhammad ibn Muhammad ibn Muhammad Abu Hamid al-Ghazali, has given perhaps the most striking example as to the final seeking for a resolution to this question, of which I shall share with you, ought you disagree, that's on you! As well as an more excellent example of the answer to the question..is on you.

international QUOTE
                " The close proximity of the true to the false does not make the true false, as it does not make the false true.... B) What I seek is knowledge of the true meaning of things.  Of necessity, therefore, I must inquire into just what the true meaning of kinowledge is.  Then it became clear to me that sure and certain knowledge is that in which the thing known iis made so manifest, that no doubt  clings to it, nor is it accompanied by the possibility of error and deception, nor can the mind even suppose such a possibility."

In closing I ask this,if you ever doubt what the truth is...just give it the test from above in this posting! wa Akaikum As-salaam

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2010 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Truth General Religious Beliefs - Page 2

Name: Skeptic

Comments: Everyone claims to have the truth. They give you quotes, scriptures and the kitchen sink if they have to just to convince you about what they are saying. I remain skeptical because what they say is true is not actually proven but just quotes from books. I look at history and what men once thought was true was so wrong and they had it written in books. So how do you really know what is truth, for me you need to have the proof tangible and not a lot of speaking and reading.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Truth

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,