Of Apocalyptica...

Of Apocalyptica - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 29th Jun, 2005 - 12:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2004 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Of Apocalyptica...
A Friend

Of Apocalyptica...

Those living in Europe might be more likely to recognize the name than us Americans, but has anyone heard of Apocalyptica? I've been a fan of theirs for a while now and it just seems as if their music gets better and better as the group progresses in blurring the line between classical and metal rock. For anyone who has no idea what Apocalyptica even is, they're a group of cellists who play a kind of hybrid music of classical and heavy rock.

The trio was originally a quartet and played as a Metallica cover band, but as they moved up in the world, they began putting out cd's that were original compositions. As blasphemous as it may sound to Metallica fans, I have to say that I like the Apocalyptica versions of Fade to Black, Enter Sandman, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Nothing Else Matters, and One than I do the originals.

Their best efforts come through in their own composition. Songs like Path, Hope, Toreador, and Pandemonium are just amazing. There are a few songs I don't care for as much, but for the most part I just love these guys.

Sponsored Links:
8th Feb, 2005 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Apocalyptica Of

My days of rock/metal are over, but I did find it interesting that they use the base violin as one of their main instruments. I will have to give them a listen to see if they are up to the mark of my listening ear wink.gif As for reference:
https://www.apocalyptica.com/

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2005 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Of Apocalyptica...
A Friend

Of Apocalyptica... Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I happened to have their version of fade to black playing as I viewed this topic laugh.gif . When I heard these guys I thought, man its about time some one covered metallica songs in such a way. Although what is interesting is it does not seem to be a drastic change, metallica have said themselves they pride themselves on having the ability to write a very epic/atmospheric song. So whats more epic than classical musicians covering a metallica song.

> TOPIC: Of Apocalyptica...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,