Phil Collins

Phil Collins - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 7th Mar, 2011 - 11:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Phil Collins Quotes
11th Dec, 2004 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Phil Collins

I had the opportunity to meet him for a short time when I was working in a Radio Station back in Argentina. He is an amazing guy, very polite, friendly and down to earth. I have always like his music...yep...I like cheesy music biggrin.gif

After a short 1969 stint with the band Flaming Youth, the London-born Collins auditioned for Genesis, then an up-and-coming progressive rock band fronted by promising musical visionary Peter Gabriel. Hired as the band's drummer in 1970, he debuted on their 1971 album "Nursery Cryme". The drummer first sang lead with the moving ballad "More Fool Me" from Genesis' 1973 concept album "Selling England By the Pound"

Source 9

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Dec, 2004 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Phil Collins
A Friend

Collins Phil

I absolutely love Phil Collins' music! I love how he's been doing so many Disney soundtracks as of late as well. He's another artist who has such a unique and soothing voice.

14th Dec, 2004 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Phil Collins Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I do like Phil Collins' music and have always told myself I should pick up a Greatest Hits album of his, if he has one. My favorites are: Another Day in Paradise, In the Air Tonight and Against all odds. Any suggestions on which CD of his I should get?

14th Dec, 2004 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Collins Phil

I recommend you "...But Seriously". It's a GREAT album. Here are the songs included:

Hang In Long Enough
That's Just The Way It Is
Do You Remember?
Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
Colours
I Wish It Would Rain Down
Another Day In Paradise
Heat On The Street
All Of My Life
Father To Son
Find A Way To My Heart

My favourites from this album:

All of my life, Father to son, Another Day in Paradise, I wish it would rain now, somehing happened on the way to Heaven and do you remember?....wow...I put almost all the songs! laugh.gif

28th Dec, 2004 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Collins Phil

I am also a fan of Phil Collins, though I do prefer his older songs (e.g. "In The Air Tonight" or "Long Long Way To Go") over his new stuff, I have his latest album "Testify" and while it is an okay album, it doesn't stack up to the older stuff.
But even his biggest solo does not compare, at least in my opinion, to some of the songs he did while being a member of Genesis (e.g. "Mama" or "Invisible Touch")

Post Date: 4th May, 2005 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Phil Collins
A Friend

Phil Collins

In 1975 when Peter Gabriel left the band and Phil Collins took lead singer in Genesis was the best thing that could happen to music in the 70s. Collins' solo career was just as good if not better than his time with Genesis. Wit hits like "Another Day in Paradise" and "In the Air Tonight", it's hard to find a better artist. The Disney soundtracks were also incredible. He inspired me as both a drummer and a musician in general. biggrin.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jun, 2005 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Phil Collins

I am too a Phil Collins fan and I'm really happy because he's going to be in Bucharest, Romania on the 30th oct for a concert. I can't miss it!

I saw on VH-1 an episode of Storytellers with him. Absolutely amazing! biggrin.gif

7th Mar, 2011 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Phil Collins Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I was reading that Phil Collins decided to quit music. I was saddened by it but I was more concerned on the statements he made, he sounds depressed.

international QUOTE
His back hurts from a dislocated vertebra. He's lost some of his hearing. Nerve damage makes it hard for him to hold his drumsticks.

The decades of rock and roll have taken their toll on Phil Collins - both from the wear-and-tear on his body and the pain from the constant barbs from critics.

After seven Grammys, 13 hit singles and an Oscar for a song from Disney's Tarzan, he's decided to call it quits from the music industry.

"I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me," Collins, 60, tells FHM, according to Time magazine. I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely."  Source 5

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Phil Collins

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,