Signs

Signs - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 19th Feb, 2006 - 6:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Dec, 2004 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Signs

SPOILER INFO AHEAD!

A family living on a farm finds mysterious crop circles in their fields which suggests something more frightening to come.
Ref. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286106/

This was a strange movie that like the Mothman Prophecies seemed too long for what it was offering. Now I have seen many reviews on the net and it made me realize that you really have to pay close attention to what goes on in the film. Here are some of the problems that occur:

1. Were the aliens invaders or observers?
2. Did the alien try to poison the boy or help the boy?
3. Why if all the aliens left did one remain behind, was it because Mel chopped his fingers off?
4. What were the aliens doing there in the first place, were they really trying to harvest humans?
5. Why were the dogs playing such a specific role, especially when one of the children kill it?
6. Why would such an advanced race have difficulty passing a wooden door?

Some believe that this movie actually had nothing to with the aliens, but it was all about overcoming fear. For me there just were too many loopholes in the movie, what are your thoughts?

Signs
Signs (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2004 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Signs
A Friend

Signs

I personally thought the movie was overrated and too predictable. Then again, I'm really picky about Sci-Fi type movies. I do find a lot of them cheesy or boring, but there have been some that I really enjoy.

I can sort of see the movie not so much being about aliens but overcoming fears and facing one's past. Still, I just thought, overall, it was a bad movie.

18th Dec, 2004 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Signs Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I agree with Ambria. The movie wasn't a good one, and it tried to constantly insert elements of fear, which didn't really work. It was predictable, and it did have loopholes.

As to the questions, I can't really answer because I don't remember much of the movie, and it didn't even make sense when I first saw it. rolleyes.gif

2nd Jan, 2004 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Signs

I can't remember all the specifics from the movie, but I do remember thinking that the movie had no scare factor when it was obviously being advertised as a 'scary' movie. This is another M Night Shyamalan movie and based on the reviews I read in 'The Village' thread, I can see why folks did not enjoy this movie either. 3 starorange.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2005 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Signs
A Friend

Signs

OK, I must be a wimp here, because I was really scared when I saw it! I don't know if it was the movie or the music, anticipation, and the unknown. As soon as we saw the alien for the first time, I wasn't scared any more after that. I get scared really easily at movies. Hmm, I wonder why?

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2005 - 8:40am / Post ID: #

Signs
A Friend

Signs

I remember that I had high expectation about this one but wes greatly disappointed at the end..and I remember the previews, they were so interesting...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Feb, 2006 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

Signs

Hmm, I guess I am in the minority in that I like M. Night Shyamalan's films. I haven't seen this one in a while, but I do remember being scared at least a little.

As for JB's questions, I think that it was definitely a movie about faith and that a lot of questions about the aliens don't need to be answered. But I also think that questions about the aliens may have been left unknown to the audience on purpose because they are unknown to the characters in the story as well (who knows why aliens do the things they do? That's why they're aliens!).

In my opinion there doesn't have to be an answer to every question in movies like this that are not based on logic (when faith and aliens enter the picture, human logic flies out the window).

> TOPIC: Signs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,