Being 'on Call' - Page 2 of 2

Name: Pagermonger Country: Comments: Remember - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Aug, 2010 - 4:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2009 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Being 'on Call' - Page 2

Name: Arnold

Comments: My job is in IT as well and I am on call 24/7 all year except for 4 weeks paid time off. I do get paid what is called pager pay which does not amount to much, but any calls I go on after 6 pm is time and a half. It does get old sometimes though cause I have to take the call and close it in 4 hours. I am the only one in my area, and there is no one to back me up if I cannot take the call. When I do take PTO time the person who does answer my calls has a round trip of 300 miles, so he gets a lot of gas pay. My company does not like to pay him to do it either, but has no choice when I am on PTO. I can lose my job if I do not take a call and it goes back to the company that out sources us.

It does get old keeping a good attitude and saying well I am glad to just have a job in this economy, because the economy will get better and I will eventually find better work.

Sponsored Links:
19th Aug, 2009 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Call on Being

Being on call is now becoming a part of our life and if the business or job is related with it then the case is worse for the ears. I am not supposed to be on call during the daytime as it may hamper my studies but as soon as I get time, I enjoy calling my friends.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2010 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Being 'on Call' History & Civil Business Politics

Name: Pagermonger

Comments: Remember the days of pagers? They were super popular before cel phones came out. I used to hate to carry around one because it always went off when I was involved otherwise.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Being 'on Call'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,