World's Oldest Mom

World' S Oldest Mom - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 28th Dec, 2007 - 4:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2005 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

World's Oldest Mom
A Friend

World's Oldest Mom

I just read in the local newspaper that a women give birth to a healthy young girl. The thing is the the woman was 67 years. It is the world's record but what is going to be like for the girl to have such an old mother?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2005 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

World's Oldest Mom
A Friend

Mom Oldest Worlds

Yes, I heard about her, too. Here is a link to that story by CNN.

https://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/0...ania.mother.ap/

Also from the article:

Asked why he had let a 66-year-old woman become pregnant, Dr. Marinescu said: "She was in the right condition to carry a pregnancy."  There is no law in Romania stipulating a maximum age for artificial insemination, and he declined to comment on ethical questions regarding the pregnancy.  However, Marinescu said he was impressed by Iliescu's faith in God and her determination to have a child.

I wonder if the mother commented on why she wanted to have a child at such an older age and if she thought that this was an 'appropriate' thing to do. There could be many questions surrounding her decision, but this is my opinion. Rather than trying to judge the mother or question the methods, I hope that one day her daughter realizes that her mother went through a lot to have her and give birth to her, and that she will be grateful to her for giving her life. I'm sure that there will be obstacles to overcome and it may not be easy for the daughter to have a mother who is so old, and the mother might even die during the daughter's childhood, but I choose to try to focus on the positives of this situation. The daughter now has a life, full of opportunities despite her circumstances, and the mother is very happy. The biggest question, concern, and problem I have is what about the father? Are the mother and father married? Will he, too, be part of the daughter's life? I don't think it's fair for a child to be raised without a father that is alive and should be part of his child's life, the same thing goes for the mother. I just don't know about preventing someone from having a child because of their age, though.

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2005 - 9:35am / Post ID: #

World's Oldest Mom
A Friend

World's Oldest Mom UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Although I think that the mother should have thought this through a bit more, I congratulate her. I hope she and her new daughter are happy together and that she lives long enough to see her daughter grow up.

I do wonder how she is going to raise a child at her age by herself. Its hard enough being a single parent at a younger age, but taking care of a child at 67? Wow, she is either very courageous, or very naive. I hope its the former.

Good luck to her, as with all pregnancy, I hope the child benefits from a loving home and a mother who remains able to stay active in her life as she grows up.

24th Apr, 2005 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Mom Oldest Worlds

I'm from Romania and that mom and the girl are from Romania ... everything happened in Romania smile.gif
It was an artificial insemination, so I think no one knows who the father is ... and she was never married.
I don't mean any offence, but after all I read in the papers here (it has a STORY a few days), my feeling has that this woman (and the doctors) wanted to "break the record" for the oldest insemination.
P.S. imagine the doctor's ego breaking through the sky.

24th Apr, 2005 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Mom Oldest Worlds

I don't doubt that RaulDrake, since artificial insemination was used. Why a 67-year old woman would want to take the risk of becoming pregnant, and then attempt to raise a child alone, is beyond me. Even if it means breaking a world record. Maybe she is counting on the publicity working in her favor to where she gets a lot of baby supplies for free. The link to the story is outdated now, but I wonder if this woman did not have any other children, and felt that she should be a mother at least once before she dies? To that I would say there is always adoption as an alternative. The risk of birth defects, in my opinion, makes this decision very selfish.

25th Apr, 2005 - 7:29am / Post ID: #

World's Oldest Mom

I can understand her wanting to be a mother, wanting to have a child, but I can't understand what were the doctors thinking. I mean ok, they wanted to do the insemination to prove that they are very good doctors, but is that all? As a doctor don't you have to consider the risks for the baby?
In conclusion, a tend to blame the doctors - if there's anyone to blame. I think they should have been more careful. One could say that they were lucky or SOMEONE up there protected an innocent soul.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Aug, 2006 - 8:52am / Post ID: #

World's Oldest Mom

there has just recently been a similar case to this in the UK. Everyone was outraged, I personally think that a bit more thought should be given as to what health problems are being put on the Mother, and who is going to raise the child should the Mother die before the child reaches 18. I can understand the desperation of the Mother from a personal prospective, but surely you have to tell yourself there is a 'cut off limit' to when it isn't going to happen?

I know that no parent can guarantee to what age they live, but surely a person in their 60's is bringing down their chance of being there when their child reaches adulthood. I think the child would always have to be prepared for this happening.

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2007 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

World's Oldest Mom Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Name: Cutegirl

Comments: I think people should stop having kids at 45 because what kind of life is the child going to have with its mummy the age of peoples' grannys and also it has one in a million chance that his mummy will be there when its 25 and I don't think that's right.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: World's Oldest Mom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,