World's Oldest Mom - Page 2 of 2

Do you all remember the world oldest mom (66) - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 16th Jul, 2009 - 12:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
29th Dec, 2007 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

World's Oldest Mom - Page 2

My first thought would be how many children in the U.S.A. are being raised by their grandparents. I know a few doing so and it is not easy by any means. It is usually not something they plan either.

My father is the same age as this woman and he already has 9 grandchildren from only 2 kids. I know he does really good with my daughter who has been his pride since she was born but to raise her I am sure would take everything he had--and there is next to no way he could raise my two youngest--they are very "spirited" children--"taxing" is the word he uses, I think. biggrin.gif

It would be great to know what made her decide to do this and what fears, if any, she had--I am sure everything that has been mentioned here had to be taken into account...

On that note though, I would have to disagree with Cutegirl in having the age of child bearing stop at 45. I have a friend that just had her 3rd child last week and she is like 46 and planning on maybe one more. She has had 3 kids in about 4 or 5 years (close) but unless you know the circumstances, for instance, she couldn't get pregnant for the first 10+ years of their marriage so they adopted 3 other children. She had a gastric bypass because she was told there was a possibility if she lost weight. Thats all it took and she has had three children of her own now and is cautious of her age and that she had other children at home. I think it is definitely an individual, couple decision not an age limit decision. But those are just my thoughts on it. It helps knowing someone in a position like that.

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2007 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Mom Oldest Worlds

AlaskanLDS:

I think it is definitely an individual, couple decision not an age limit decision.

I am not completely sure about this. I think we should take into consideration the health of the woman as well as the possibilities of birth defects, etc in the unborn baby. We know after 45, there is greater risk of birth defects (Dawn Syndrome, etc) in fetuses. Is that fair for the child just because the mother feels she wanted more children? I am not speaking about those cases where the woman found out she was pregnant but in those cases that (regardless of their age) plan to become pregnant despite the big risks they are being told to they could face.

In my case, I am having my third when I will be 33. I would like to have 7 children in total. That means my last one would probably be near my 40's. One thing for sure, I do not think I could have kids after 45. As a matter of fact, I would like to deliver my last one at 40-41 no more. I think is a bit too risky in my opinion after 45.

16th Jul, 2009 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

World's Oldest Mom UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Do you all remember the world oldest mom (66) who lied to her doctors and told them he was 55 and gave birth to twins? She passed away at the age of 69, leaving behind two toddlers.

MADRID -  A Spanish woman who deceived a U.S. Fertility clinic about her age and become the oldest woman to give birth has died at 69, leaving behind 2-year-old twins, newspapers reported Wednesday.

Maria del Carmen Bousada gave birth in December 2006 after telling a clinic in Los Angeles that she was 55, the facility's maximum age for single women receiving in-vitro fertilization. Guinness World Records said the 66-year-old was the oldest on record to give birth and the case ignited fierce debate over how much responsibility fertility clinics have over their patients.

Bousada told an interviewer at the time that the Pacific Fertility Center did not ask her for identification, and maintained that because her mother had died at 101, she stood a good chance of living long enough to raise her children.

An early-morning call and an e-mail to the Pacific Fertility Clinic were not immediately returned Wednesday.

Bousada's brother told the local newspaper Diario de Cadiz that she had died but he did not disclose the cause. The newspaper said, without citing a source, that Bousada had been diagnosed with a tumor shortly after giving birth...

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: World's Oldest Mom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,