Recognizing Illness

Recognizing Illness - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 7th Aug, 2006 - 10:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Am I Ill?
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2005 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Recognizing Illness

Doctors check humans physical condition to ascertain a diagnosis as to the illness they have at any particular time. However, illness can be detected by self if you are familiar with your body's 'signals'. What are your body's first ways of telling you when you are ill?

Sponsored Links:
11th Feb, 2005 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Illness Recognizing

I can usually tell when I am getting sick because I am tired and my concentration level goes down tremendously. Physically, a sore throat is usually a bad sign for me. Whenever I get a sore throat, or my throat feels like there is a lump in it, I start administering some vitamin C and Chloraseptic spray. More times than none, if I tackle it early enough, I don't come down with something more serious.

11th Feb, 2005 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Recognizing Illness Health & Special Psychology

The interesting thing about my body signs is that my head lets me know everything. I see spots if I am going to throw up in about an hour. I get a slight sore throat if I am going to get really sick in a few days. My teeth starts to hurt if it going to be pursy or other head illness. I never count on my body as a sign because many times I have been sick and still went to the gym and killed a bunch of weights only to return home and feel all the sickness signs in my head again.

11th Feb, 2005 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

Illness Recognizing

I tend to try to schedule my illness; for example, last year, I knew in March that I could not afford to be sick until the third week in May. I utterly ignored any preliminary symptoms, took vitamins, thought positively, and forestalled the inevitable until I could get sick without causing major problems in my schoolwork and other responsibilities. Since I am a singer, many of my preliminary symptoms of illness are first noticeable in my voice. Nobody else may be able to tell, but I can gage my health by how it feels and sounds when I speak and sing.

11th Feb, 2005 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Illness Recognizing

I can tell when I run. My running slows down a lot for the same amount of effort. This usually happens about 2 days before coming down with some sort of sickness. Typically, it is just a cold or sinus infection.

Just me,

Vincenzo

7th Aug, 2006 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

Recognizing Illness

If I'm coming down with an illness, my body first tells me by starting off with either a head ache, or a really sore throat. The minute my throat starts to hurt, I know I've got at least 5 days of illness following on!

Sometimes, I can tell by becoming really tired, and if I can counter-act this quickly by plenty of sleep -- say around 12 hours, I can sometimes shift the illness away.-This rarely happens though, I don't have time to find myself 12 hours sleep time normally. laugh.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Aug, 2006 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Recognizing Illness

One of the signs I get (it just happened to me last week) is that my eyes and back hurt really bad, then when I get a good sleep it goes away quickly.

> TOPIC: Recognizing Illness

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,