Bible & Interracial Marriages

Bible Interracial Marriages - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 20th Aug, 2007 - 11:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Bible Tribes Marriages
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2006 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Does the Bible say anything on the subject of Interracial Marriages?

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2007 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Marriages Interracial and Bible

Most of it seemed to be discouraged, especially in the Old Testament.

5th Jun, 2007 - 7:31am / Post ID: #

Bible & Interracial Marriages Revealed Bible The

The sons of God married the daughters of man. Were they the same race?

When men began to multiply on the earth, and had daughters born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair, and they took wives for themselves, as many as they wished. (Genesis 6:1)

And there is even a rule from God on marrying female captives taken in battle. They were not likely to be the same race.

If you see a  pretty woman you want to take home,  You may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails  and lay aside her captives garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion. (Deuteronomy 21:10)

Samson was going to marry a Philistine woman.

King Assuerus married Esther. Were they the same race?

I don't believe God was nearly as concerned with race as he was with religion. He told his people over and over to stay away from other religions.

5th Jun, 2007 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Indeed Mousetails that is exactly the case. It is also one of the few reason a married couple is permitted to separate.

The reason being it is better to marry one that is Christian if you are so that you are not tempted to take the non Christian lifestyle.

So worry not about where on comes from but what their personal beliefs are. The bible also states that if you do marry outside of Christianity it is your duty to bring your spouse into Christianity.

6th Jun, 2007 - 6:42am / Post ID: #

Krakyn, I've been around enough years to know that that idea is backwards. First, if she, or he, knows you are dead-cold serious, and they really do love you, they will come to Christianity "before" the marriage. Once a spouse says, "I do" they can change their mind, or lose interest in your religion, and you're just stuck with whatever they decide. The alternatives are terrible disagreements and/or divorce in the worst case scenario. If children are involved it's 10 time worse. The easiest thing to do is fall in love with someone already in your church. rolleyes.gif

6th Jun, 2007 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Backward so be it but it is in the bible. I was non Christian and married my wife who was it took me a few years to open and welcome the Christianity wholly, well at least to the way I see how gods works. Yes it made for some bumps but those same bumps made my marriage stronger not weaker.

QUOTE (mousetrails)

The easiest thing to do is fall in love with someone already in your church. rolleyes.gif

I am surprised one with your experience in life would claim you can control whom you fall in love with. I also do not think your own church would supply all the marriage needs in it. I would say not all "church men" as what they claim either I meet more that are not then those that are.

But yes in the old testament marriage out side of being a Jew was frowned on but I think that was for the reason we are referring to here is that if you marry a non Christian it will expose you to the chance of being corrupted and having a harder than need be life.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Aug, 2007 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Well if you look at king Solomon he married many exotic wives.

20th Aug, 2007 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Bible & Interracial Marriages The Bible Revealed

Shanecorp, yes, but it was showing it as something he should not have done.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Bible & Interracial Marriages

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,