Wives, Be In Subjection... - Page 3 of 3

If you love your wife as yourself then submission - Page 3 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 6th Mar, 2009 - 3:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
...unto your own husbands
5th Jul, 2008 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Wives, Be In Subjection... - Page 3

QUOTE (Saved @ 5-Jul 08, 12:20 PM)
The husband has to be gentle and loving doing only those things that Jesus would want him to do.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to any man who may be like this but I don't think I know any man that lives his life this way and is capable of marriage because usually they are celibate priests or gay.

Sponsored Links:
16th Dec, 2008 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Subjection In Wives

I think no one is able to live exactly like Jesus. I am sure many out there come respectably close. Also marriage is where this is perfected for both men and women. I know women that are as bad as some men or worse.

As long as both are striving for it then it can occur. Prayer by the man for his wife and the reverse is a huge factor. I often think the bad one just stand out more and most women I met over look the real treasures offered and get mesmerized by the ones with more glamor.

Reminds me of the old joke of a husband store the women kept going up looking for the better model and end up running out of store. The man makes it to the second floor and is happy to stop and none ever made it to the third floor.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2009 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Wives, Be In Subjection... Revealed Bible The

Name: James

Comments:

"Even so ought husbands also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He that loves his own wife loves himself "

How can a man truly love his wife when she is to be ordered and expected to obey like a machine? How can women be treated with love and respect if they have already been judged as inferior to men?

I truly love and respect my wife. I do not expect nor wish my wife to be ruled by me in any sense, that is not love. My wife and I make decisions as a team. A marriage is not a military institution where there is rank and the lower must follow command. A marriage is the union of two minds, hearts and souls that walk side by side, where one is not above the other and each is neither head of the marriage nor servant. For a man to enter a marriage with the knowledge and belief that he is "king of his castle" is an evil action and does not truly love his wife. For a woman to enter a marriage with the knowledge and belief that she must obey is a sign of weakness within born from years of targeted "brain washing" and does not truly love the husband but rather "worships". That is not a marriage, that is a slave and master relationship. Woman is equal to man and until that is realized no marriage is true but rather an abomination.

6th Mar, 2009 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Subjection In Wives

If you love your wife as yourself then submission takes a new meaning. Part of the problem is translation the word submit I do not think is the true meaning of the original text. The word used there kinds toward partnership. yes in Gods eye the man is responsible for his home wife and children. This means he is to be held accountable for their actions. So we are to be the home leaders and ensure that we follow the biblical ways and that our home is doing the same. Though love not dictatorship. just as Jesus did with his disciples.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Wives, Be In Subjection...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,