Wives, Be In Subjection... - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE (KNtoran @ 17-May 08, 12:22 PM) In my - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 5th Jul, 2008 - 9:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
...unto your own husbands
17th May, 2008 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Wives, Be In Subjection... - Page 2

A man and a woman have very special roles in the home, especially when children are involved. The man is the leader just as it literally says, but as pointed out so many times here he is fully accountable to his wife, his wisest consultant to who he is to cling.

Many think this is a great thing hey I am the boss I can do what I like. This is very much far from the truth. As the Leader you are responsible for every other soul in your home and ensuring you teach each one about God and to ensure they are saved. No light task and would be more then any single man could withstand. Thus God gave us the wonderful creatures we call our wives to stand besides us for constant reassurance and consultation on every act of major concern.

From the posts I see in this site I know many here believe and follow this path of life very closely and with great wisdom.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th May, 2008 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Wives, Be In Subjection...
A Friend

Subjection In Wives

I have always been a follower of this passage. I wanted a marriage to be a partnership where the husband is the ruler of the household while the wife was the cleaner and the one that prepares the food.

I have found that through divorce I was missing a lot. I know a marriage is a partnership and I know that I am to listen to the opinions of my wife. I never had a problem with that. I did have a problem with her thinking she was the supreme leader. But that is all past.

In my life now I am the leader of my house. Everything that happens in my house is a reflection of me. I want my house to look good and to be a place of relaxation. I try to be helpful and supportive of my wife and children so they can see that a true household is ran efficiently with everyone having a part in the whole. This way as they grow they can learn more and be able to provide for their families once they are out on their own.

I hope that I can keep leading a life that shows that I can love my wife and provide for her as the scriptures have told me too. I am not bossy and I think hard before a final discission is ever made.

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2008 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wives, Be In Subjection... Revealed Bible The

Despite all the many justifcations for this passage (it doesn't mean men can control women etc) what it represents is nothing more than age old Roman partiarchy still holding sway today. The reason people today say things like "it doesn't mean men can control women" is because we live in a world whose consciousness has been raised by feminism. when this passage was written it meant exactly that men could control women: the reason being that Roman society was built on the premise that a man-the Paterfamilias-was in control of his wife and children and any unmarried female relatives. A woman wasn't even a citizen and had no control other than that which her husband/father/uncle/brother or even grown up son allowed her-which wasn't very much.

Christians today water it down which is fine because women shouldn't be in subjegation to their husband/partner but follow an equality of partnership. Thank god for feminism.

5th Jun, 2008 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Subjection In Wives

Genesis 2

18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

No we did not learn about marriage from romans but from God sorry Dougiep. Adam was given a wife that was made from his flesh and told to go and cleave to her. How can one do that unless there is respect for that person? It implied desire to have her company more then just the physical one also.

have doubts it is put pretty bluntly in Malachi 2:15.

15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

In this case infidelity was the topic of discussion. If man is not to treat his wife well why bother talking him out of an affair?

Philippians 2

2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be like minded °, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

One mind? Does not sound much like a dictatorship so much as a partnership where things are discussed before acts are done.

If these quotes are not being understood by me correctly please let me be told so I can better understand.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2008 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Subjection In Wives

No we did not learn about marriage from romans but from God sorry Dougiep. Adam was given a wife that was made from his flesh and told to go and cleave to her. How can one do that unless there is respect for that person? It implied desire to have her company more then just the physical one also.

Societies do not exist in isolation. We can note that as well as the man being the head of the family for the ancient Israelites so to was this case in much of the ancient world. That the Romans held this to be a cultural norm and their Empire covered almost all of Europe, North Africa and parts of the Middle East and the fact that the New Testament was written within that world is no coincidence.

The Genesis story reflects the culture of the ancient Jews. Women were created from men so, from their point of view, it is no surprise that a man should be her leader as well as her protector. However, women were still second class citizens because they were created after Adam. St Paul went this way too and the culture of Ancient Rome supported meaning it fit in well with the already established order. Hence, no one questioned it.

The Genesis story is not fact however. Women evolved just like men and were not created out of a rib from Adam.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2008 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think they are very clear to me. It is a marriage of minds in the fact that you and your wife or husband, whichever the case may be, are of one mind. Thus having the ability of two minds making the decisions that will effect you and your marriage for as long as you both live. I believe this could be where the saying "two minds are better than one" came from.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jul, 2008 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Wives In Subjection... - Page 2

Although this hints at having the wife in 'subjection' to her husband you have to take note of what kind of person Jesus is saying she needs to be in subjection to. The husband has to be gentle and loving doing only those things that Jesus would want him to do. It is not meant to make the man as some kind of dominant bully. Therefore any woman or man would not mind being in subjection to someone who is seeking their interests. It is called love.

5th Jul, 2008 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Wives In Subjection... The Bible Revealed - Page 2

QUOTE (KNtoran @ 17-May 08, 12:22 PM)

In my life now I am the leader of my house. Everything that happens in my house is a reflection of me.

I think you are correct when you talk about "leading." The man is the leader of the home, but he is also in full partnership with his wife. This partnership should be built upon a relationship of love and mutual respect. If he leads with unrighteous dominion nobody will follow. There is nothing that says a wife is to follow her husband into hell. A couple should make all decisions jointly with much thought and conversation. If, as sometimes happens, they cannot come to a meeting of the minds then the husband "might" step in and make the final choice. If he is truly seeking what is best for his family he will not make the choice based soley upon his wants and needs but choose what is best for his family as a whole.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Wives, Be In Subjection...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,