Genetically Poised To Sin

Genetically Poised Sin - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Jul, 2008 - 10:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
19th Jul, 2008 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

I know the doctrine where the natural man is an enemy to God, but do you think there are those who are somehow born to sin, just as others are born to kill, born to run, etc.?

Sponsored Links:
20th Jul, 2008 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Sin Poised Genetically

We are all born to sin just by being human. No one is immune from it. So I believe there is a "sin gene?" No. Neither are there those who are born to kill or born to run, etc. There are those who are more athletically predisposed to excel at running, but that does not necessarily mean they will. Just as someone born with a good singing voice has the talent, but if they do not develop that talent what good is it? But the concept of being born to sin is something different completely. All children are born innocent and are not accountable until age 8. During that time it is the responsibility of parents to teach them right from wrong and appropriate behaviors. Some parents do a better job of it than others.

21st Jul, 2008 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Genetically Poised To Sin Studies Doctrine Mormon

What about someone that has more testerone or more hormones where they have greater urges to do certain things. A person like that could be more likely to sin. Maybe they can control it maybe they can't, not sure how you can judge something like that.

21st Jul, 2008 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Sin Poised Genetically

If that were the case then men would naturally sin more often than women. That is not necessarily the case. There are constructive ways to channel testosterone. We are born as innocent children. As we grow we learn right from wrong and make our choices based upon that knowledge. It comes down to character not genetics.

21st Jul, 2008 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Sin Poised Genetically

QUOTE (Alaskann)
If that were the case then men would naturally sin more often than women.

In my opinion men often do... more than women do.

21st Jul, 2008 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

I don't believe men sin any more often. I just think their sins are more overt. There are so many kinds of sin, some less obvious than others and so we sometimes forget that they are sins still the same. Sins of omission can be just as aggrevious.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Jul, 2008 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

Genetically Poised Sin

QUOTE (Alaskann)
I don't believe men sin any more often.

Of course you don't, you are not a man wink.gif.

21st Jul, 2008 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Genetically Poised Sin Mormon Doctrine Studies

JenLuvsMp3 has a good point. In a study of criminals it was found that many of these, mostly males (based on Jb's point) had a biological imbalance that seemed to set them off to be the rebels of society. I often think about the maleness of Lucifer and possibly if the 1/3 that did not keep their first estate, were they mostly male? Maybe there is another reason for plural marriage.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Genetically Poised To Sin

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,