If There Are No Bounds... - Page 2 of 2

If there were no bounds whatsoever, nothing - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 5th Feb, 2008 - 3:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Would you be you today - or another person?
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2005 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

If There Are No Bounds...
A Friend

If There Are No Bounds... - Page 2

If there were no bounds whatsoever, nothing to be accountable for... would you keep the same level of integrity you do at present? Be honest in your answer.

Definition of integrity: 1) firm adherence to code of moral or artistic values
2) an unimpaired condition
3) quality or state of being complete
-- synonymous: honesty--

We may feel that we would be similar to who we are now and carry on with little or few changes. But, if there were no accountability, how could we trust others? Why would we want to live in an environment where 'anything' goes? Many may feel threatened and unsafe.

A world without limits? That concept paints a very scary picture of the world, in my opinion. No thanks!

Sponsored Links:
23rd Apr, 2005 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

Bounds No There If

There is no doubt about it, I would be mostly the same person. I have my own set of rules that I go by regardless of the "outside" rules. I know a lot of people who do like to torture people but I can't stand seeing someone hurt or even upset. I believe everything that happens happens for a reason, as well as that what happens to that person or happened to that person has made them the way they are now. Everyone has a purpose to be and the way they are just guides them to thir destiny.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2005 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If There Are No Bounds... Health & Special Psychology

Well, I'm going to break with the majority and say that if I did not have to worry about accountability I would be a different person and not in a good way. I'm sure you all have heard that "power corrupts" and the ability to do what you want without consequence is power indeed.
Just today I was running late for class and on my way to school I spotted an unattended bicycle lying in someones yard: I thought to myself "Wow, if I had that then I could arrive early instead" (I am a pedestrian and live a little more than a mile from school-- My own bike has a flat). I of course passed the bike and was late for class, but if I could not be held accountable for my actions then why not "borrow" the bike- I could probably return it before they even noticed it was gone.... Do you see how the justifications start? And it wouldn't take long for me to arrive at this point, but what I don't know is how long it would take before I do not return the bike at all. It would, after all, be their own fault for leaving it unattended; wat did they think was going to happen?
Just for clarification, I do not currently endorse that last sentence, but it is to show how justifications can be used to tell yourself that even the most rancorous actions are OK.
I think I could turn into this and its nothing I'm proud of.
-Unferth

7th Dec, 2005 - 8:39am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Bounds No There If

No accountability, then I could just take what I want. I would take Unferth's bike because I am bigger and stronger. Unferth gets mad and and asks Glyphfury to help him get his bike back. Glyphfury and Unferth beat me up and take the bike back. I was just held accountable for my actions. Just because there is no law to be held accountable to doesn't mean there are no consequences for a persons actions.

14th Dec, 2005 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Bounds No There If

I think that I agree with enough of the posters in different ways that quoting all would be chaotic!

My personal feelings are that I would most likely still be the same person that I am today (inherantly guilty due to forced religion and bad parenting skills) but, that the world around me would be so different that I'd have no choice but to change with it. I know friends who won't eat a grape from the grocery store before paying for it because it's "wrong" while, I'll do it to make sure the darn things aren't sour and how much difference can ONE grape make when they're overpriced to begin with? Maybe my morals only apply to me?

Great question. Great topic!

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2006 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

QUOTE (Tastanagee @ 7-Dec 05, 3:39 AM)
Just because there is no law to be held accountable to doesn't mean there are no consequences for a persons actions.

In a situation such as this I would be a different person. If I survive I am right. While as Tastanagee stated there will always be consequences for my actions. These consequences are not directed by some large and powerful government, but by the individuals my actions affected. The resources of one or even a group of people do not measure up to that of those in power now. If I kill someone the deceased's family and friends might decide to take revenge. If I wasn't seen then how do they know it was me? There is no vast police force to collect and compare finger prints or DNA. Even if they do find out it was me; I have made myself useful to many people. People who enjoy violence. There have been times when I have abstained from deeds for the fear of divine punishment at the end. If we lived in a godless Anarchistic world I would not be me. My survival and that of my kin is all that is moral and right.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Feb, 2008 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

If There No Bounds... - Page 2

If there were no bounds whatsoever, nothing to be accountable for... would you keep the same level of integrity you do at present? Be honest in your answer.

No. I would steal from the rich and give to the poor! In other words, I would become a modern day, female version of Robin Hood!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: If There Are No Bounds...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,