Lds Social Services Expands Around The Globe

Lds Social Services Expands Globe - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Apr, 2006 - 10:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

1st Apr, 2006 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Lds Social Services Expands Around The Globe

I was so glad to hear the Church plans to expand the LDS Social Services around the globe. I suppose the Brethren can see a great need for counseling individuals and families. It will not be dealing with adoption issues in the begining but merely counseling.

Fred Riley, commissioner of LDS Family Services, told scores of LDS counselors and psychotherapists Thursday that his agency has received approval from church leaders "to put together a worldwide strategy to start helping members around the world" in dealing with such issues.
He said LDS Family Services - which already has offices in Australia, England, New Zealand and Japan - opened an office in Mexico in January, and it will be opening new offices in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Santiago, Chile, in July. Pilot programs will be offered in those locations, he said, anticipating that, in "three to five years, we'll be opening up significantly more offices around the world."
While many people associate the agency with adoption - in fact, it is believed to be the largest adoption agency in the United States - Riley said that, "at least initially, there will be no adoption services, only clinical services," in the new Family Services locations. "I think that's a huge validation of the work you (as therapists) do, as well as its relationship to spirituality," and the importance the church is now placing on both emotional and spiritual health, he said.

https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635196112,00.html

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2006 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Globe The Expands Services Social Lds

This has long been needed, my only hope is that the people chosen to run the facility are both qualified and impartial since they may have interaction with some of these Members in Church and there might be a little influence to evaluate prior to an interview.

> TOPIC: Lds Social Services Expands Around The Globe

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,