Charity

Charity - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Oct, 2007 - 1:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2007 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

Charity

Charity

"Joseph F. Smith said: 'Charity, or love, is the greatest principle in existence. If we can lend a helping hand to the oppressed, if we can aid those who are despondent and in sorrow, if we can uplift and ameliorate the condition of mankind, it is our mission to do it, it is an essential part of our religion to do it' (in Conference Report, Apr. 1917, 4). When we feel love for God's children, we are given opportunities to help them in their journey back to His presence."
Ref. (Don R. Clarke, "Becoming Instruments in the Hands of God," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 98)

Sponsored Links:
15th Oct, 2007 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Charity

Great quote. As I was watching Jesus of Nazareth yesterday, I was thinking about what an amazing example of Charity Jesus is. It is his love in the purest form. He really inspires me to be more charitable and when I think about it I do not refer to just give of my substance to those who are in need but to do it willingly and happily as well as give kind words to uplift others and do little small acts for someone who is in need.

15th Oct, 2007 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Charity Studies Doctrine Mormon

How does one develope Charity if he or she is not naturally inclined to it? I for one am naturally shy (unlike my wife who loves to talk to others) and have difficulty opening up to others to find out their needs.

This is not an excuse, but it has made it difficult to actively look for opportunities to serve.

This is definitely one of those principles that I need work on.

16th Oct, 2007 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Charity

QUOTE (Dbackers)
I for one am naturally shy (unlike my wife who loves to talk to others) and have difficulty opening up to others to find out their needs.

That is surprising considering your Posts within the Community. One of the best ways to start is to be charitable to yourself. Only if you begin with self can you truly be charitable to others. Define Charity and then use the definition as an application to self. As you do you will begin to extend that to your family in a more aware way and then by nature (as it gets hold on you), it will extend to others naturally.

With that said I am far from any example of Charity and could use those words on myself.

> TOPIC: Charity

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,