Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints - Page 5 of 7

RIVAL POLYGAMIST WON'T LEAD CHURCH - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 31st Aug, 2006 - 3:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
29th Aug, 2006 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints - Page 5

I don't see anything dangerous, at all about this situation. So far, I don't know of any threats or even cautions about any violence related to his group.

What they are doing is making a martyr of him. They (the FBI and the State Attorneys General) couldn't make him any stronger if they tried.

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2006 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Saints Latter-day Fundamentalist

QUOTE (Nighthawk)
What they are doing is making a martyr of him.

In what way? He is alive, will stand trial, he may go to jail - fill a sentence and then come back out again, how does that make him a martyr?

30th Aug, 2006 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints Studies Doctrine Mormon

The same way that Joseph Smith was a martyr when he was confined in Liberty Jail, or when he was tarred and feathered.

The same way that the leaders of the Church were martyrs when they chose to go to jail rather than give up living the principle of plural marriage.

Martyrdom doesn't REQUIRE death. It requires sacrifice for a cause. It requires official persecution. And I think that this is how Warren Jeffs will be viewed by his church members. The fact that he was on the FBI top 10 list, without ever being accused of a violent crime, is persecution anyway.

This is NOT to say that he is not a criminal, or that he shouldn't be charged with certain crimes. That is for a jury to decide. I, personally, don't like anything about the man. He seems to me to be somewhat of an arrogant, self-absorbed jerk. I don't like his theology.

But I believe that he is being hounded primarily for his beliefs, using his actions as a "Prophet" to justify that persecution. And I am positive that his followers view the situation that way.

30th Aug, 2006 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Saints Latter-day Fundamentalist

But I believe that he is being hounded primarily for his beliefs, using his actions as a "Prophet" to justify that persecution. And I am positive that his followers view the situation that way.

His arrest does not change anything in my opinion. His followers chose, choose and will choose to see him in the way theywant because if maintaining financially their Prophet by given an specific amount of money every month, allowing the guy to treat some of them like dogs, seeing him lying, and doing other things that are not good, if that alone is not enough clue for them, then nothing will change their minds.

Obviously, he is not very good in "acting". The trooper who caught him said he (Jeffs) was at the car looking very nervous, start eating a salad and guess what? his carotid artery was pumping! When the trooper saw that he knew he had caught someone "big".

https://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/30/jeffs.arrest/index.html

It is also interesting to notice how the FBI kept announcing how dangerous the guy was and that he may be traveling with bodyguards, etc...yet they found NO guns on the car and he was traveling with one of his wives and his brother.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 30th Aug, 2006 - 3:16pm

30th Aug, 2006 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Saints Latter-day Fundamentalist

QUOTE (Nighthawk)
The same way that Joseph Smith was a martyr when he was confined in Liberty Jail

I honestly do not see the comparison. Martyrdom as I understand it is first associated with death and other meanings under the word has to do with sever pain, suffering and the like.

We are talking about a man accused for a crime that would be a crime anywhere else, not just made up ones that had no backing as in the case of Joseph. As I remember it Joseph willfully turned himself in after hiding where as Warren is coasting with cash and a new car?

Offtopic but,
Lastly, can we see a commendation for the officer who caught Warren? Traffic offenses and suspicious acts with a vehicle is one of the number one ways for police to catch wanted criminals.

A good review about Warren:
https://www.religionnewsblog.com/6437-.html

More about the arrest: https://www.religionnewsblog.com/15761/Warr...ptured-Arrested

I find interesting this:

The other two people in the car, Isaac Jeffs and Naomi Jeffs, 31, were released without charge.

Considering he wanted by the FBI, couldn't they have been charged with concealing the whereabouts of a wanted man?

Also, why this sudden interest in Warren? Did he make major mistakes? Are there many against him? I ask, because his father lived to be 92 without incident?

30th Aug, 2006 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints

My understanding is that he is not a nice man, at all. He is accused of helping other people to get into underage marriages, and supposedly there are some financial improprieties associated with him. Apparently he has excommunicated some men so that he, or other leaders, could have their wives.

At least this is the information that comes from the very unfriendly media.

I still don't know why the FBI is involved. There are no accusations of any type of violent behavior.

Martyrdom does usually include death. However, people can appear as martyrs, especially when they are unfairly persecuted. That is what I see happening with the FLDS people. Many of them may dislike him, personally, but will revere him for the fact that the FBI, along with the states of Utah and Arizona, have persecuted him. This will, if anything, strengthen his hold on the people in the FLDS church.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Aug, 2006 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints - Page 5

Nighthawk said:

There are no accusations of any type of violent behavior.

Isn't rape a violent behavior? He has been charge with 2 accounts of rape as an accomplice. Also Sexual Conduct with a Minor plus Conspiracy to Commit Sexual Conduct with a Minor.

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2006 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

RIVAL POLYGAMIST WON'T LEAD CHURCH FOLLOWING LEADER'S ARREST

The leader of a rival polygamist commune says he has no plans to take over Warren Jeffs's church in B.C. following Jeffs's arrest in Nevada.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...-blackmore.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Fundamentalist Latter-day Saints

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,