Candy Shop

Candy Shop - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Jul, 2007 - 9:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
50 Cent
6th Apr, 2005 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Candy Shop

In Trinidad we have mini buses called 'Maxi Taxis' that carry 13 people at a time from one destination to the next while using loud music systems as so called entertainment. One such bus I was on yesterday was playing the song 'Candy Shop' by the rap artist known as '50 Cent'. Now before they played the tune the radio announcer mentioned that the song was in the top 10 of ALL the world charts including American, Rap, R&B, etc. Then the song played and I could not believe the lyrics - very crude and vulgar, I could not believe people would pay money to hear this and not only that, but to make it top the charts for weeks? No wonder the world is so sex crazed and put women as an object of desire rather than with respect and admiration.

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2005 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

Shop Candy

I agree with you JB. The sexual innuendos in that song are very strong. I've forbidden my daughter from listening to it on the radio, and since she is disallowed from watching the MTV channel altogether (a whole other discussion), she can't see the video either. It's funny that this song came up as a point of discussion, because I just heard it for the first time yesterday. My wife was the one who told me about it, and that we shouldn't allow our daughter to listen to it, because she had heard it on the radio when it was first released. In our small MidWestern town here, I believe enough folks expressed the same concern over the song and now it is only played at night. I was on my way to the store the other night and caught it on the radio. I can only imagine what kind of raunchy music video accompanies that song.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

Candy Shop
A Friend

Candy Shop Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Well, I MORE THEN agree with how crude the song is, and I despair over how idiotic American pop culture has become, objectifying women EVERYWHERE, as well as homophobic and violent. However, even though I'm not (and probably never will be) a parent and so shouldn't form my own opinions without basis (and for that I'm sorry... as well as for using so many parenthesis) I remember how controlled I was by my mother (my dad didn't give a care) and both how frustrated and curious it made me, and also how much more it made me want to see/hear/do/whatever it, so I really don't know what I'd do, but I would definitely make sure she can't watch stuff like that anywhere else, otherwise your probably going to end up as the 'bad guy'. Again, I know it's not my place to say that, so, I am sorry.

2nd Jul, 2005 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Shop Candy

I just read the lyrics of this song on the net and I was shocked about how rude it is! Since I am not a native English speaker if I hear the song I will not understand it (maybe is better that way!). I cannot believe how people can "vote" for a song like this . *shaking head*

Offtopic but,
Mica, you do not have to say sorry. The greatest thing about this community is that everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be respected smile.gif

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2005 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Candy Shop
A Friend

Shop Candy

I personally think the lyrics are terrible, and when my co-worker's 4 year old daughter starts singing it and dancing provocatively, she actually thinks it's cute. I do think a lot of the rap/r&b songs out there are extremely provocative, and I think a lot of women (evident in night clubs) think this is the way you have to act to get a man to notice you. And trust me, the video isn't any better. Unfortunately, when 2 Live Crew came out and did their thing, they laid the foundation for music to continue down this path.

Offtopic but,
All his songs sound the exact same and are equally disgusting...

Reconcile Edited: ReneeTpaUSA on 3rd Jul, 2005 - 5:20pm

15th Jul, 2005 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Candy Shop

Well what is his answer to all you 'fans' on this thread, it is not about the money (because I have millions) it is all about making you well educated:

50 CENT REACHING FANS WITH ALBUM -- AND AN UPCOMING MOVIE AS WELL
It's not about the money, said rap artist 50 Cent. It's all about reaching people with his music.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...48515%2C00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2005 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Candy Shop

BAN 50 CENT FROM TOURING, TORONTO MP URGES

U.S. rapper 50 Cent should be barred from entering Canada, says Toronto MP Dan McTeague.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005...ent-051124.html

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2007 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Candy Shop Movies Music Fashion & Sports

50 CENT SUES OVER INTERNET AD

Rapper 50 Cent has sued internet advertising company Traffix Inc for using his image without permission in a graphic ad which he says promotes violence and threatens his safety.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~4136012a1860~,00.html

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Candy Shop

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,