The Malachy Prophecy

The Malachy Prophecy - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 20th Apr, 2005 - 9:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
9th Apr, 2005 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

The Malachy Prophecy

I was recently reading an article about Pope John Paul's death and its significance in the Malachy Prophecy, so, not knowing what this prophecy was, I decided to investigate a bit. Malachy was a Catholic Archbishop who lived in the 12th century and had an uncanny knack for healing the sick and foretelling the future. His Prophecy tells of all the Popes from Celestine II (1149) to the last Pope when the end of the world will come. Interpretation of the Malachy Prophecy places the end of the world during the reign of the next Pope or his successor; which one is still up for debate. Of course, the entire prophecy is up for debate, but it is very interesting as Malachy was able to identify each Pope using a noticeable trait.
In Malachy's identification of Pope John Paul II, he used the following phrase:

"De labore Solis"

which loosely translated means by the toll of the sun

Many believed this to mean that this Pope would be a hard laborer or work in the fields during his youth. A more logical interpretation is this. Karol Wojtyla was born on May 18th, 1920 during a solar eclipse. His funeral, today, was heralded by a unique solar eclipse that can only be seen by part of the world. Coincidence?
According to Catholic-pages.com, the next Pope is described by the following phrase:

"Gloria olivae"

which loosely translated means the glory of the olives

In a couple of days we will learn whether the next Pope can fit this phrase or not. Maybe it won't make sense until later in his reign. Who knows? It all makes for great reading, and even greater thinking. Have you heard of the Malachy Prophecy? What are your thoughts on it?

Here are some links for reference on the Malachy Prophecy:

https://newswithviews.com/Ryter/jon85.htm
https://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2005 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Prophecy Malachy The

I heard about these prophecies several years ago. I find them very interesting. However, I am not sure how much stock I put in them. I have been looking into some of the information on them on the internet for the last few days as well.

The timeline DOES fit into my own belief in the Last Days, though. smile.gif

19th Apr, 2005 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

The Malachy Prophecy Catholicism Studies

"Gloria olivae"
which loosely translated means the glory of the olives

Well now we know it is Benedict the 16th how will people say that this relates to him. For me the 'glory of olives' represents Christ's victory over suffering (atonement), but of course it can be something different or less.

19th Apr, 2005 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Prophecy Malachy The

Well, according to the catholic-pages.com reference I provided above, here is what was written up for the next Pope, who we now know:

Gloria olivæ
The Benedictine order traditionally said this Pope would come from their order.

Sure enough, this Pope is Benedictus XVI. Coincidence?

19th Apr, 2005 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Prophecy Malachy The

Hmmm... he, the current Pope, is supposed to be a great theologian, in fact that is the first thing they accredit him with being, so it may be possible that he chose the name to keep in terms with the prophecy?

19th Apr, 2005 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

The Malachy Prophecy

A possibility I have never thought of! It would have been very difficult for John Paul II to have planned his Papacy to follow the Malachy Prophecy, but Benedictus XVI very well could have, knowing this bit of information. To prove/disprove the prophecy however, there will definitely need to be more actions/occurences from this Pope that can be linked to the prophecy; actions or occurrences that can't be done on purpose. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Apr, 2005 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

The Malachy Prophecy

Through my normal browsing of blogs, I found this very interesting site about St. Malachy's prophecies.
https://benedictblog.com/archives/2005/04/p...ecy_watch_1.php

What is really amazing about this is that there is a link to an even MORE incredible blog entry, from November 2004.
https://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article41.htm

The next Pope after John Paul II will take the name Pope Benedict XVI, in imitation of Saint Benedict and also of Pope Benedict XV. Just as Pope Benedict XV was an emissary of peace, so will Pope Benedict XVI be an emissary of peace. Just as Pope Benedict XV sought peace and spoke of peace and wrote papal documents seeking peace, so will Pope Benedict XVI do also. Just as Pope Benedict XV failed to achieve peace in the world, so will Pope Benedict XVI fail to achieve peace in the world. Just as the Pontificate of Benedict XV began prior to World War I, so will the Pontificate of Benedict XVI occur prior to World War III. After the Pontificate of Benedict XVI, World War III will begin. The Arab nations will threaten and attack the United States; they will threaten, attack, invade and conquer Europe; they will threaten, attack, invade and conquer the northern part of Africa. It is God's will.

There is more, and it is very interesting. Keep in mind that this is based on analysis of the Malachy prophecies, along with extensive knowledge of Catholic history, doctrine, tradition, and scripture.

20th Apr, 2005 - 9:59am / Post ID: #

The Malachy Prophecy Studies Catholicism

So then I was right... the name was purposely chosen. More food for thought. It is interesting that although they threaten the USA it does not say they take it over as they do with Europe. However, I am of the belief that 'take-overs' do not necessarily have to be through a gun - there is bribery and migration - both of these seem to be common place in Europe and with the establishment of the EU it will be even harder to break.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Malachy Prophecy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,