Pretty People Make More Money! - Page 2 of 2

I think that there are probably a few factors - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Mar, 2007 - 9:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 7th May, 2005 - 5:58am / Post ID: #

Pretty People Make More Money!
A Friend

Pretty People Make More Money! - Page 2

There sheer fact that your looks are considered during promotions and hirings is something that is disturbing to me. The fact of the matter is that good or bad, everyone is evaluated on their looks as soon as they walk in the door, and before that, the sound of their voice if they get called in. Pretty people get treated differently. Sometimes its better for them, and sometimes its worse for them, but they do get treated differently. Most of the time, the beautiful people get treated better over all than the average or ugly looking people.

Sponsored Links:
15th Mar, 2007 - 9:56am / Post ID: #

Money More People Pretty

I think that there are probably a few factors to take into account here. I agree that probably attractive looking people are probably earning more money, but I don't think that it's purely down to looks.
What I do think is happening here, is that attractive good looking slim people have more confidence to go with their looks, as opposed to somebody who has a weight problem and considers themselves to not be good looking, this may lead to slight depression on their behalf and self consciousness that leads them to be less pushy in the work place.
Another factor that I think comes into play here is the clothing fashion issue, a slim sized person is more likely to spend more on fashionable well cut clothing that shows their body off well, where as somebody with a weight disorder, may choose to hide their body shape by buying bigger baggy clothing.
I think that this all adds up in an interview when really it shouldn't, and this is why the pay rates seem to be so differing.. in my opinion.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pretty People Make More Money!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,