Bluffs

Bluffs - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2005 - 8:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Silly faces and sayings just before sports only to lose
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2005 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

Bluffs

Besides Pro Wrestling... have you ever been to a Sporting Event in which one of the participants makes all kinds of strange faces and insults to the other participant(s) and yet in the end they lose? What can you share with us? Did the obnoxious ranter still continue to display his / her faces even after the event?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2005 - 8:23am / Post ID: #

Bluffs
A Friend

Bluffs

This type of thing goes on quite a bit in the NBA (National Basketball Association). I don't go to allot of games because my city doesn't have a team, but I watch it all the time. Certain players tend to "trash talk" allot, even if they lose the game. It appears to be part of their game, part of the psychology of their game if you will. Since it is directly done to frustrate and upset the other player, and to get them out of their game, once the game is over, the trash talking stops. I personally think its obnoxious and annoying, but when I was younger I did the same thing when I played basketball. But it begs to question why they didn't grow out of it.

At least in the US, I think it has become part of our sports culture to hurl insults at the other team to try and distract them. In football(NFL football), Its kept in check allot because there are penalties if you do to much. In baseball, it doesn't seem to happen much.

> TOPIC: Bluffs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,