Bury Their Swords

Bury Swords - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Apr, 2006 - 4:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th May, 2005 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Bury Their Swords

Some missionaries recently shared this activity and I thought I would repeat it here for your benefit. You will need some paper cut outs of swords (make them big enough so you can write on it). You will of course need a pen or pencil for each person and scriptures.

This is based on the scriptures where the Lamanites became changed and Covenanted with the Lord to never shed blood again so they buried their swords and weapons of war. This can be found in: Alma 24:16-17. After explaining the story and what they covenanted you can then hand out the paper swords and pens to everyone present and ask that they write something(s) that they need to bury in their lives (sins or bad habits they need to give up) and then ask that they covenant with the Lord to do so.

You can then collect all the swords (let them crush it up first) and bury it in the back yard so that everyone remembers the event and what they have covenanted.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2006 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Bury Their Swords
A Friend

Swords Bury

I like this activity it seems kind of cool. I have heard of people doing simular things but I never thought of using this type.

> TOPIC: Bury Their Swords

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,