Hindenburg

Hindenburg - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 8th Nov, 2005 - 3:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Zeppelin
Post Date: 4th Nov, 2005 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Hindenburg

Zeppelin aircraft are not as popular today, but still in use for advertising. The Hindenburg, a hydrogen built floating bomb was to be the pride of Hitler, but it fell in fiery flames by what many considered to be a conspiracy. Interestingly enough the Nazi flags were hung at the funeral and many in gesture made the Nazi sign by bringing their arm straight out in salute to the dead.

Hindenburg

On May 6, 1937, at 1825 local time, the German zeppelin LZ 129 Hindenburg caught fire and was utterly destroyed in less than one minute while approaching a mooring mast at Lakehurst Naval Air Station in New Jersey. Of the 97 people on board, 13 passengers and 22 crew-members were killed. One member of the ground crew also died, bringing the death toll to 36.
Ref. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindenburg_disaster

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2005 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Hindenburg

I can believe that this aircraft may have been hijacked by a bomber considering the timing of it (just when it was about to land). I think we often do not consider how many people hated Hitler during that period. Considering the idea of a hydrogen filled vessel taking me across the atlantic is just insane, can you imagine if this happened in the middle of the crossing or a higher altitude?

> TOPIC: Hindenburg

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,