Bibles May Not Be Healthy

Bibles Healthy - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 18th May, 2006 - 5:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Do bibles spread the superbug?
Post Date: 5th Jun, 2005 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Do bibles spread the superbug MRSA?

Hospitals in Leicester, UK, are concerned that bibles may be exacerbating the spread of MRSA among hospital patients. Rather than having a bible in a locker next to every bed, health officials are considering storing them.
Ref. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=25612

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2005 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Healthy Not Bibles

Gideons International has called this move "outrageous'. However, health care professionals have commented that the bibles may be a potential MRSA health risk - they are not disposable and do not have a wipeable cover. If they are stained or contaminated they cannot be cleaned effectively. 

This is the only place the article really talks about the health risk. The main issue being taken here is that hospital patients could be offended which I think is ridiculous. To me it looks like some people are using the MRSA argument to have a reason to move the bibles.

18th May, 2006 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Bibles May Not Be Healthy Health & Special Psychology

QUOTE (konquererz @ 5-Jun 05, 8:45 PM)
To me it looks like some people are using the MRSA argument to have a reason to move the bibles.

This is spot on Konquererz, to what I believe!

As the article is from England, and the government is determined to rid the country one way or another of all biblical teachings within schools, and on the streets, I would say that this is just another of their ploys.

If you had been in a British hospital, you would know why the MRSA superbug is so prevalent, and in my opinion, has nothing to do with having Bibles!

Last time that I was in a hospital, I was in for a week, and there was dried blood already there under the bed, and although the ward was swept and mopped, nobody came near to cleaning under the bed, even though it was requested.

My Husband contracted a kidney and urine infection last time he was in hospital, as he had to use a urine bottle, that clearly wasn't as clean as it should have been.

There are many, many stories of people who go into hospital here, with one thing, and end up being treated for another illness too!

The dirty laundry that I have seen lying around with urine and blood on, doesn't help in my opinion either, so I think when you take all things into account, the bible seems to be being used as an excuse!

18th May, 2006 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Healthy Not Bibles

I have to agree with the above posters and add that I don't actually recall having seen a bible in the last hospital room I was in to begin with. I remember there being a bed-pan type thing in the drawer and a small vase-type thing for flowers, but no bible. I brought mine and my BOM, but no. No bible. Also, the last time I was in a non-emergency room, I was lying on my side and could see blood on the floor in three different places. I remember that because it was so significant to me that I thought about what other things I could be catching in a not-clean room. That's an excuse in my opinion as well.

> TOPIC: Bibles May Not Be Healthy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,