Humans Acting As Angels

Humans Acting Angels - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Aug, 2008 - 5:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2007 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Humans Acting As Angels

Humans Acting As Angels

"[We all face] dangers and hardships. . . . [But] there will be 'angels round about you, to bear you up' (D&C 84:88). They will sustain us as we carry our earthly burdens. Often in our lives, those angels are the people around us, the people who love us, those who allow themselves to be instruments in the Lord's hands. "President Spencer W. Kimball said, 'God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom' ("There is Purpose in Life," New Era, Sept. 1974, 5)."

(Susan W. Tanner, "All Things Shall Work Together for Your Good," Ensign, May 2004, 106)

Sponsored Links:
7th Aug, 2007 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Angels Acting Humans

From the bible dictionary.

A person who is a divine messenger is called an angel

Does this mean that Missionaries sent out to teach the Gospel are infact a type of Angel sent out into the world?

'God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom'

Why does God use other people to meet our needs? Is this God's way of teaching his children compassion and love?

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2007 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Humans Acting As Angels
A Friend

Humans Acting As Angels Studies Doctrine Mormon

I remember the young lady who got me active in the church, I considered her an angel for no one else touched me the way she did. She was my Angel when I needed one to show me the light.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2007 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Humans Acting As Angels
A Friend

Angels Acting Humans

An experience from my mission. I remember walking down the street with my companion when suddenly a strong impression came over me. I don't remember, what we were doing that day or anything specifically indicating a special needs to receive this impression. I all of a sudden knew that we were acting as angels for Heavenly Father. It was a very clear impression, I knew it, we were angels.

22nd Nov, 2007 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Angels Acting Humans

I have a strong testimony that missionaries are angels of sort. They are definite messengers with a divine message. They change lives!

Like Zelph mentioned, people who lead us back to living the gospel are definitely angels. Mine happened to be a missionary who felt compelled to do whatever it took to break down the wall of resistance. That was almost 18 years ago and there is not a week that goes by that I do not thank Heavenly Father for him and the fact he was humble enough to be led by the spirit.

Our family had an experience with a homeless person that was incredible and I wonder to this day if he was an angel. It reminded me of that scripture about not knowing if we are entertaining angels. It was a powerful spiritual experience. Has anyone else ever felt like they have crossed paths with someone like that?

Regarding the question of why God would use people--I think you are right. He wants us to learn compassion and love--how much more of it we will have by serving and loving other people. It helps us grow as well as whoever we may be touching. We are His hands and instruments, in my opinion.

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2007 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Humans Acting As Angels
A Friend

Humans Acting As Angels

I wish I could remember where I read this but I found it very interesting and I like to think it's true. Take it for what it's worth:

Often, when people receive angelic visitation (heavenly beings) these "angels" are actually family members (either past, from the spirit world, or future, from the pre-existence). I think people can be angels in physical form, just like they could be in spirit form.

Just as a side note (maybe for a different thread), if the angel that appeared to Laman and Lemuel were a family member, it might explain the reason they so quickly forgot the experience and returned to their evil ways.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Jun, 2008 - 8:02am / Post ID: #

Humans Acting Angels

QUOTE (Di Jung Lau @ 30-Nov 07, 9:20 AM)
I wish I could remember where I read this but I found it very interesting and I like to think it's true. Take it for what it's worth:

I have heard that also not sure if it was through reading a book or someone talking. I am really into genealogy and it makes perfect sense to me that our "guardian angels" are family members. Really, if you think about it, WHO better than our own family members who know us spiritually and want with all of their heart to intervene on our behalf if it is the Lords will?

Often, when people receive angelic visitation (heavenly beings) these "angels" are actually family members (either past, from the spirit world, or future, from the pre-existence). I think people can be angels in physical form, just like they could be in spirit form.

Do you have a reference for this quote? I agree that they could be ancestors from the spirit world but something is nagging at me that I read that they could not come from the pre-existence. The reason I ask is because I have never got that answered strong enough one way or the other. I have heard stories from both theories and need to do some checking on it. Any thoughts?

PS --sorry its getting late. I split your quote up between two parts so I could comment on both. I am going to leave it here even though I now realize you started with the statement: I wish I could remember... in case anyone else has read it before.

Reconcile Edited: AlaskanLDS on 3rd Jun, 2008 - 8:04am

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2008 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

Humans Acting As Angels
A Friend

Humans Acting Angels Mormon Doctrine Studies

I was surprised to read this thread"¦ Cool topic!

"I agree that they could be ancestors from the spirit world but something is nagging at me that I read that they could not come from the pre-existence."

From my personal experience, I understand that the "Spirit world" is here among us. Both pre-mortal and post mortal. Jesus Christ as a premortal spirit visited ministered to many. The Holy Ghost as well has not yet been born. We too not having been born were well able to visit people here on the earth. I myself was visited by my unborn son, when I was in my early teens. Children visit their parents before being born all the time.

During the three days Christ was dead, he visited "his seed" which were those who would follow him and be born again, becoming his sons and daughters. Among the group were both the dead saints and the unborn saints. They were and always have been in the same place. (Here around us.) Also, The scriptures say that when we die, we "return to that God who gave us life." Returning signifies that we go back to where we were before, not a new place. Where is that place that we were before? Where did Christ meet with his seed during his death?

Brigham Young stated: "Where is the spirit world? It is right here...Do [spirits of the departed] go beyond the boundaries of the organized earth? No, they do not...Can you see it with your natural eyes? No. Can you see spirits in this room? No. Suppose the Lord should touch your eyes that you might see, could you then see the spirits? Yes, as plainly as you now see bodies." - Source 9

Joseph Smith, Jr. taught "The spirits of the just...are not far from us, and know and understand our thoughts, feelings, and motions, and are often pained therewith." - ToPJS p.326

Hades, the Greek, or Sheol, the Hebrew, these two significations mean a world of spirits. Hades, Sheol, paradise, spirits in prison, are all one: it is a world of spirits.
The righteous and the wicked all go to the same world of spirits until the resurrection. "I do not think so," says one. If you will go to my house any time, I will take my lexicon and prove it to you. - Joseph Smith ToPJS p.310

If we pay attention, and exercise faith we can communicate with them. They often try anyway, we just rarely listen.

As far as angels, One man visited my wife in the capacity of an angel before we met. She spent about 2-3 days with him talking. They also went all over Las Vegas, where she was living. He somehow was able to get everything free. She didn't understand how, but they rode roller coasters and went to the top of the Stratosphere and all sorts of other things for free. All over town. But more importantly, his message was needed. She had told her bishop that she wouldn't talk to another guy unless he understood the union that could be achieved between a man and a woman. (Tired of dating pigs.) She walked out of his office and before reaching the end of the hall, this guy she never met before says, "have you ever thought about the symbolism of Eve being made from Adams rib".

They talked about all sorts of things from theories about the tower of Babel to relationships. It changed her life. Then he left town and the 3 day whirlwind was over. We refer to him has "angel", but that wasn't his name.

My wife and I have met people who do the angel thing very well. They call it "popping in". Sometimes we hear stories in LDS folklore that sound an awful lot like our friends, "pop ins". They feel impressed to visit a person and then do it. Deliver a message to someone they have never met and then promptly leave. They have taken us on a "pop in" and it is really incredible. We have seen people moved to tears with a simple message of love or comfort delivered with the spirit. Some are given messages of doctrine or whatever the spirit says to deliver, (as best can be done). Sometimes the pop ins are to members and sometimes to non-members. I really can't see a difference between them and any other angels. They are mortal, last I checked...

;-)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Humans Acting As Angels

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,