Pilates - Fad Or Fabulous?

Pilates Fad Fabulous - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 13th Jun, 2005 - 2:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th Jun, 2005 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Recently, I began including some Pilates-style exercises to my regular workout routine. I had heard the name bounced around by celebrity hounds on TV and among friends, but never really knew what it was all about. After reading a little from the Pilates organization, I'm really happy to know that it's a wonderful way to build strength and flexibility, as well as lose weight. I didn't realize that Pilates has been around for such a long time! Here is a little snip from the Website:

Practiced faithfully, Pilates yields numerous benefits. Increased lung capacity and circulation through deep, healthy breathing is a primary focus. Strength and flexibility, particularly of the abdomen and back muscles, coordination-both muscular and mental, are key components in an effective Pilates program. Posture, balance, and core strength are all heartily increased. Bone density and joint health improve, and many experience positive body awareness for the first time. Pilates teaches balance and control of the body, and that capacity spills over into other areas of one's life.

In other words, it isn't just an exercise routine, it's a philosophy for living! I'm really enjoying including the precise, full-body-control movements and breathing into my weekly routine.

Roz

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2005 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fabulous Fad Pilates

Before my wife started having problems she was going to the gym and was in a pilates class. She said that the people who where long timers where really dedicated to the pilates lifestyle. Some of them had been doing it since its inception and did them faithfully everyday, dividing up what areas they worked on of course. I don't think it is a fad. I'm sure it will die down a bit and not be a fashionable, but it wont go away, it had dedicated followers before it was popular.

> TOPIC: Pilates - Fad Or Fabulous?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,