Fabs - The New Revolution

Fabs Revolution - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 26th Jun, 2005 - 8:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Physics genius plans to make 'Star Trek' replicator a reality
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2005 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Physics genius plans to make 'Star Trek' replicator a reality

And not some loony in a garage who thinks he's Dick Van Dyke in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. This is Neil Gershenfeld, director of Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Center for Bits and Atoms and a certifiable physics genius. He's got backing from the National Science Foundation. He's got interest from the Pentagon, venture capitalists and foreign governments. This week, he's in South Africa, where he's setting up one of his creations in Pretoria.

He calls his machines "fabs," and he's just published a book about his work, Fab: The Coming Revolution On Your Desktop - From Personal Computers to Personal Fabrication.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kev...eplicator_x.htm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2005 - 8:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Revolution The Fabs

Well this is pretty cool. The article is more about what could be then about what currently is now. Its a very good idea that may one day work. I don't know how far it will get, but when I started working on computers, I had no idea that I would ever be typing and ripping a DVD at the same time. In fact, DVD's didn't even exist. That was ten short years ago. In ten short years, will we find ourselves with a home Fab machine just like with the computer? Maybe it would even be integrated with the computers of the day!

> TOPIC: Fabs - The New Revolution

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,